L'il Matriarch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
flash900

Post by flash900 »

I bought a Matriach 2 before the Lil' came out. I can't imagine carrying it to the places I normally go.

For me, the Lil' seems just the perfect size for EDCing.
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

I just got my Lil' Matriarch yesterday... fantastic knife. The serrations aren't as aggressive as the teeth on the Tasman, but that makes it better for some EDC tasks in my opinon. The cutting ability of this Lil' knife is amazing!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I agree. This is really a pretty utilitarian knife given the milder S curve and shallower serrations. I reall love it.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I wonder why the Lil Matriarch is jimped on the thumb ramp, but the M2 isn't?
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
PSquared

Blade swap done

Post by PSquared »

Lil Matriarch in orange - 10 minute job to get a Lil' Frankenarch, who looks less weapon-like and more tool-like thanks to the orange. It will rotate with my Tasman Salt on days I need teeth.

Pics :
1. comparison of the standard Lil M, the donor Delica and a Tasman Salt [ATTACH]20668[/ATTACH]
2. Lil M vs Delica guts - note lock / blade interface[ATTACH]20669[/ATTACH]
3. Lil Frankenarch with orange FRN buddies[ATTACH]20670[/ATTACH]
4. comparison to Tasman Salt closed [ATTACH]20671[/ATTACH] on the other side the less aggressive teeth (as noted above) are only just visible making it less agressive looking than a Tasman Salt when closed.

The donor Delica is still in pieces in ICU waiting for some custom scales.

P2
Attachments
120731 005.jpg
120731 003.jpg
120731 002.jpg
120731 001.jpg
angusW

Post by angusW »

Nice swap job PS and thanks for the pics. I ordered a Lil' last night. It might just bump the Tasman out of my work pants.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

PSquared wrote:The donor Delica is still in pieces in ICU waiting for some custom scales.

P2
Nice work! Hey, I really like that orange mod job on the Lil' Matriarch. That is really sweet! Kinda' gives me a few ideas... ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

During the Amsterdam meet Sal & Eric specifically mentioned that ,altough the proto type shown was PE, the production model would be SE .
Just to set things straight.
Jurphaas
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

PSquared wrote:Lil Matriarch in orange - 10 minute job to get a Lil' Frankenarch, who looks less weapon-like and more tool-like thanks to the orange.
Thanks for the inspiration PSquared! I just got my Lil Matriarch and introduced it to my Blue FFG Delica. The result:

Sorry for the cell phone pic, but I think you all get the idea. For any of you who want to do this procedure, be sure to use the lock bar that comes with the Lil Matriarch. The blade locking notch is a little different than the Delica's.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!