superleaf or SUPERleaf

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pdptrow

superleaf or SUPERleaf

Post by pdptrow »

There are sprints sprints of old models, sprints of the classics PM2 and Mainix2 and now now new model sprints (Yohimbo2, Manix2 XL). I am thinking that the superleaf is underrated and not having a sprint in a super steel is all that is keeping it from being a SUPERlLeaf. It has A compression lock, beefy 4 mm, blade, 3.438" blade. I suppose being made in Japan will limit the steel options. Maybe Cowry or clad ZDP would be possible. Comments and ideas?: :rolleyes:
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

How much would you be willing to pay for said supersteel example?
~ Nate
MCM

Post by MCM »

Sprints are not the same as dealer exclusives........ :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

jujigatame wrote:How much would you be willing to pay for said supersteel example?
That depends on what is offered. I guess you are referring to cowry which looks very expensive, probably in a not possible range. I'm just throwing it out there, because many here are more knowledgeable about possibilities with a given model. There are lots of great steels but not so many in stainless in Japan. I don't have experience with either of these: Cobalt special, Superblue just that they are from a Japanese manufacturer and Spyderco has used them. I would say $10 -40 more if it comes in a cool configuration with materials to justify the price.
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
GSO

Post by GSO »

VG-10 is plenty good steel, but the Superleaf in CPM-3V? I'm interested.
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Definetly super blue with dark blue g10 scales
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
kens73

Post by kens73 »

dgulbra wrote:definetly super blue with dark blue g10 scales

this please!:d
Lost count ... :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Super Blue Lover
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

D2 with camo scales...
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

With a superleaf, I would pay double to get one in Super Blue, maybe not as much in Cobalt Special. That is an awesome design and an exotic steel would make it a real must have. A pair silver twill handle slabs would make a perfect cherry on top!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Spydie-50

Post by Spydie-50 »

Did someone say SuperBlueLeaf?

I'm definetly in for one or two.

I know the reasoning that this might not be possible is that they need to purchase x amount of superblue steel.
My answer to that would be to make some Stretch models with what's leftover. :)
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I really enjoy the Super leaf as it is :) It'd be neat to see a variation even though I will be unable to purchase.

SuperBlue is really nice stuff, takes a very fine edge very easily :D However SuperBlue does require devoted maintenance when it comes to corrosion. Not my personal favorite for a folder that will be used :) Too much unseeable area around the pivot.

The Superleaf however is a wonderful piece :D It's quite enjoyable and useable :)
Attachments
super tenacious small.jpg
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Pockets wrote:D2 with camo scales...

Beautiful.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I don't think it's been done, but I can always dream :rolleyes:
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

GSO wrote:VG-10 is plenty good steel, but the Superleaf in CPM-3V? I'm interested.
I'd love a (or two) CPM-3V Superleaf :D
Also, intrigued by the CPM-D2 and camo scales and the Superblue and Dark blue scales :cool:
Are non Japanese steels possible with Seki Japan knives or not?
Paul