It's June! The Green Para2 is coming!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

JNewell wrote:Hmmm. Maybe Spyderco will ship them late in June :( and KW will receive and reship in July...? On a related front has anyone noticed the recent activity with new Para2 sprints and exclusives?
I haven't heard of any other sprints past this one, this is like the first time since the Para 2 debuted that I won't be on a sprint pre-order list I think, I'd like to see an M4 or B75P though.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

This would be exciting news if I was on the pre-order list. Hoping for some unclaimed pre-orders so I can snap one up.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I'll bet a nickel that Spyderco won't do another exclusive until that get caught up on regular production knives. This is the only outstanding run on the exclusives' page.

Makes it all the more amazing that they are moving ahead with a forum knife in the midst of all this chaos. Although I do get the idea that they LIKE chaos.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'm looking forward to this one more and more. I hope it arrives while the estival leaves are still a similar deep, rich green. Before the leaves change to autumnal shades. Golden yellows, oranges and browns, to match the handles of other Spydercos that will be carried through the crisp days of the harvest season.
:bug-red-white
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I am really excited about this one too guys. Something tells me I need more greens in my diet! :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
austinguy23

Post by austinguy23 »

gbelleh wrote:I'm looking forward to this one more and more. I hope it arrives while the estival leaves are still a similar deep, rich green. Before the leaves change to autumnal shades. Golden yellows, oranges and browns, to match the handles of other Spydercos that will be carried through the crisp days of the harvest season.
You've been reading too many Hallmark cards again.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Thanks for reminding me that I missed the pre-order. Hope KW gets more in so that I could grab one. :(
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Yeah, and iron, too? :D
xceptnl wrote:I am really excited about this one too guys. Something tells me I need more greens in my diet! :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Yeah...my point was that there has been a huge silence on new Para2s, but as you say, with a backlog as big as it seems to be, Spyderco would probably want to get some traction on existing production demands before taking on commitments for future exclusives and sprints.
Sequimite wrote:I'll bet a nickel that Spyderco won't do another exclusive until that get caught up on regular production knives. This is the only outstanding run on the exclusives' page.

Makes it all the more amazing that they are moving ahead with a forum knife in the midst of all this chaos. Although I do get the idea that they LIKE chaos.
Donut

Post by Donut »

arjay18 wrote:Thanks for reminding me that I missed the pre-order. Hope KW gets more in so that I could grab one. :(
It is very common for pre-orders to come up and for people to back out at the last minute. If you email them to let you know if any are available, they should be able to get one.

I had a little bit of bad luck with the M390 Millie and this because they had a newer person handling the notice. I got about a 15 minute notice that they were going to put some up on the website, when I checked my email an hour and a half later they were gone. I did eventually end up getting it another month later.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

JNewell wrote:Yeah...my point was that there has been a huge silence on new Para2s, but as you say, with a backlog as big as it seems to be, Spyderco would probably want to get some traction on existing production demands before taking on commitments for future exclusives and sprints.
In my opinion, little sales will be lost if there is a little wait. If you want a Para 2 and there are none available, what are your options? Buy another knife, but that probably isn't going to stop you from getting the Para 2 later. Yeah, some people might buy another knife and it will be acceptable to them as a substitute, but I doubt it will be many.

Sales might be lost to secondary sales.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

gbelleh wrote:I'm looking forward to this one more and more. I hope it arrives while the estival leaves are still a similar deep, rich green. Before the leaves change to autumnal shades. Golden yellows, oranges and browns, to match the handles of other Spydercos that will be carried through the crisp days of the harvest season.
I'm worried about you, fella.
Sonny
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

All this waiting... too much time on my hands I guess. :)
:bug-red-white
Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

Over at KW it still says July. I hope it`s in July, so I have more time to get the funds. If not it`ll be either 2 of the Paras, or an XM-18.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sequimite wrote: Makes it all the more amazing that they are moving ahead with a forum knife in the midst of all this chaos.
Not sure how much chaos you are talking about. There was just one exclusive and one sprint this year. I know only about Yo2 been backordered. May be couple flavors of Para2. Natives show-up. Tons of UKPK out there. Doesn't looks like something major. But again one more reason to expand Golden facility.
I can only wish that Spyderco would move faster with forum knife. Still no word about what it is.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Regarding the June-July delivery date difference, perhaps it's related to the fact that the exclusivity of the model was for Blue Ridge Knives as a distributor, which Knifeworks then bought the entire run (if I recall correctly). So, the difference might be that there is still a middle-man (Blue Ridge) in this case to receive the shipment before KW and finally us?
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Fat Goat Forge

Post by Fat Goat Forge »

I was talking to KW today and ...... they said they have shipped a few (very few) of these. They are arriving they said in small batches and as they come in they are shipping in the order they received our orders. Has anybody got theirs yet?

I had called to discuss something else but while I was on the line figured I'd ask about the green Para2.
George Spear
Fat Goat Forge
Master Farrier (horseshoer)
Apprentice Knifemaker

My Spyderco's: Delica Orange 4 FFG, Gayle Bradley C134CF CMP-M4, UKPK Maroon Drop Point FRN CTS-BD1, Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189.

On Order: Caly 3 Super Blue
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Fat Goat Forge wrote:I was talking to KW today and ...... they said they have shipped a few (very few) of these. They are arriving they said in small batches and as they come in they are shipping in the order they received our orders. Has anybody got theirs yet?

I had called to discuss something else but while I was on the line figured I'd ask about the green Para2.
Excellent news. Thanks for passing that on.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Donut

Post by Donut »

I didn't get charged or anything yet.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
hawaiihunter

Post by hawaiihunter »

I emailed me, they said they're coming in July
Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2