Manix Vs Manix!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
NavBrat97

Manix Vs Manix!

Post by NavBrat97 »

Alright, i need some personal opinions, and facts here!
I am about to pull the trigger on a Manix 2..However, I can't decide between the lightweight, or the g10 version....I like the g10 version because of the fact that it is so much more "heavy-duty" however, that blue on the lightweight is just so **** cool! What do you guys think is the better buy, and why?
Thanks!
Donut

Post by Donut »

I personally favor the G-10 for the adjustable pivot screw. I got the Lightweight and it feels too loose for my tastes and I can't adjust it.

The lightweight feels reasonably strong, though. If you like light and don't need heavy duty or aren't too picky, I say go for the Lightweight.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
NavBrat97

Post by NavBrat97 »

Yeah, that was another factor that was driving me towards the G-10 version. I don't really NEED heavy duty, but i'd like to have it just in case, ya know?
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

While I might buy the lightweight as a gift for someone, it is nothing that I would ever carry. IMO it is too large for a lightweight knife.

I love the Manix2...and own several, but can't get behind the lightweight, especially when I can carry a lightweight UKPK, and get the same performance out of it.
On the hunt for...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Few real "better"s in the knife world but a ton of "different". How much you value light FFG knives over heavier g10 ones will guide your choice :) .
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Was playing with a manix2 lightweight today and really liked it, with that said there are a lot more Spyderco's a head of it on the must have list for me. It helps already having a m4 Manix2 to keep me satisfied for now.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I'd go G10 over FRN:
1. better edge holding of the 154cm
2. adjustable pivot
3. heavier duty liners+G10
4. I prefer the G10 over FRN

The one thing I like on the FRN version is the FFG over the Hollow grind of the regular Manix 2
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I don't like the hollow grind either. I would say you will be just as satisfied with any of the flat grinds as you will another.
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

I would go G-10. the hollow ground wouldn't be a deal breaker. I only have the cts BD30P sprint but I look at both the light weight and G-10 version daily at my dealer and the G-10 version is just a great value.

James
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!
rnbtexas

Post by rnbtexas »

My G10 gets a lot of pocket time.
lbwheat

Post by lbwheat »

I started my Manix 2 collection with the EDC Moon Glow and liked it so much I then had to have the blue light weight. This week I added the Manix G10 Sprint run in the CTS BD30 Steel. I'm a real fan off the CPMSV 30 steel but not the hollow grind blade style. When I have a choice I always opt for the flat grind style of Blade. Ilke to carry teh light weight when I wear a suit but carry the G10 with my Levis.