My Sage4 liners are sharp

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

My Sage4 liners are sharp

Post by jackknifeh »

I need (want) to round the edge of the liners on my Sage4. The area on the inside of the knife where the blade closes, not the outside of the handle. That feels real good.

I need suggestions on how to do this because I want the finished job to be unnoticable to the eye. I just don't want them sharp. Right now I think I could cut my skin if I layed my thumb on the bottom of the handle, pressed a little hard and slid my thumb along the bottom of the handle. I have a little cut on my index finger. I put a bandaid on it only becuase when using the knife it's irritating. The cut is like a paper cut. I don't know when it happened. It occurred to me that maybe I got it from the knife. That's a great big huge maybe.

So, any suggestions on how to do it? I thought about sending it to Spyderco but this is not a warranty issue. Plus I'd rather do it myself but won't use the Sage4 as a guinea pig. I have 400, 1000 and 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper. From what I have in the house it's that or the Dremel. :eek:

Jack
wec12

Post by wec12 »

I used Sharpemaker's stones and it worked very well. Good luck, sir.
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

wec12 wrote:I used Sharpemaker's stones and it worked very well. Good luck, sir.
I just did it. That is perfect. I used the fine 701 profile stone. Who would have thought you could use these things for something other than the edge. I guess you would have. :) Thanks a bunch.

Jack
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Glad it worked :) .
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Jack, I'm glad you didn't use the Dremel. These darned things get out of hand sometimes, even though they save a lot of time.
Sonny
Slash

Post by Slash »

You think that's trick. Get into gunsmithing.