Running out of pocket room?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
wrdwrght

Running out of pocket room?

Post by wrdwrght »

In case you have yet to come across it (a search led to naught), Skinth may be the answer for those of us wanting a bit more pocket-space.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

I like it.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I ran out of pocket space so I got a maxpedition EDC fatty. That soon led to me owning a Maxpedition Mongo! Does it ever end lol?
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Just got a maxpedtion Romora to do the same thing.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I'm expecting to get my Skinth Magnum either tomorrow or Friday. I'll be using mine for work. If I like it I'll think about getting another model for after hours.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I started carrying less stuff when I found pocket space starting to get limited.
angusW

Post by angusW »

My Skinth Magnum came in yesterday but haven't had a chance to wear for very long as I bought it for work and I didn't have to work today. It's one of the bigger Skinth's out of the 10 or so models that the guy makes. These are hand made by a good guy in Calgary. I'm really happy with the quality of the product. Some people compare these to Maxpedition products but they don't make anything like this. I've got a Maxped Mini Pocket Organizer but I keep that in my edc bag to keep things organized. They market it for pocket carry but I tried it and found it's not very convenient because to get at something you have to take it out of your pocket then un-zip it. With the Skinth, it just rides on the belt and when you want something you just pull the flap up and take out what you need.

This is the front of the Skinth with the optional straps on the flap I had him install to carry my Tasman.

This is some of the things that I'll carry in it.

My Spydies
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

I wanna find some jeans that have extra big pockets... my phone screws me over in the left pocket... you'd think that they'd start to make jeans with a personal pocket for phones
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
angusW

Post by angusW »

DedRok wrote:I wanna find some jeans that have extra big pockets... my phone screws me over in the left pocket... you'd think that they'd start to make jeans with a personal pocket for phones
I never thought of that before but with the newer smart phones you'd think it would be somewhat common to have that option in a pair of pants. The Skinth guy does make one for smart phones.

My Spydies
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Sold by angusW's photos. Ordered in black with Molle to attach to murse. Incredibly easy people to work with, and also made a personal adjustment for me, no problemo. Told them that this thread steered me there, and they gonna check it out. =)

Forgot to mention I ordered the Trail Blazer model.
angusW

Post by angusW »

Make sure you post pics after you get it cubsfan. Have to agree that they are easy to work with.

My Spydies
JD Spydo

CARHARTT bibs & jeans

Post by JD Spydo »

DedRok wrote:I wanna find some jeans that have extra big pockets... my phone screws me over in the left pocket... you'd think that they'd start to make jeans with a personal pocket for phones
I've preached CARHARTT bib overalls and CARHARTT Jeans for a long time now. I love the side pockets that the Carhartt jeans & overalls have on the legs. I even carry my Spyderco Doublestuff in those.

On the CARHARTT bib overalls I even use the front chest pockets for folders and all sorts of tools.

I'm also have some of the Victorinox fanny packs for when I get overloaded. To me they are the very best fanny pack on the market.

I will definitely check out some of the Maxpedition items. I've heard nothing but good about them.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

cubsfan1969 wrote:Sold by angusW's photos. Ordered in black with Molle to attach to murse. Incredibly easy people to work with, and also made a personal adjustment for me, no problemo. Told them that this thread steered me there, and they gonna check it out. =)

Forgot to mention I ordered the Trail Blazer model.
I will probably pick one up after you post pics lol
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Lol, ya, I'll post my links as soon as I get it! :D
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

JD Spydo wrote:I've preached CARHARTT bib overalls and CARHARTT Jeans for a long time now. I love the side pockets that the Carhartt jeans & overalls have on the legs. I even carry my Spyderco Doublestuff in those.

On the CARHARTT bib overalls I even use the front chest pockets for folders and all sorts of tools.

I'm also have some of the Victorinox fanny packs for when I get overloaded. To me they are the very best fanny pack on the market.

I will definitely check out some of the Maxpedition items. I've heard nothing but good about them.
I have a pair of Carhartt Bibs for work as an electrician. Yeah the front part is the best place to put a phone! :D

Good call on the Jeans, im gonna check some out.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I wish that the Carhartt jeans came in black...they look good and I would give them a try, but I only wear black jeans.
On the hunt for...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

angusW wrote:My Skinth Magnum came in yesterday but haven't had a chance to wear for very long as I bought it for work and I didn't have to work today. It's one of the bigger Skinth's out of the 10 or so models that the guy makes. These are hand made by a good guy in Calgary. I'm really happy with the quality of the product. Some people compare these to Maxpedition products but they don't make anything like this. I've got a Maxped Mini Pocket Organizer but I keep that in my edc bag to keep things organized. They market it for pocket carry but I tried it and found it's not very convenient because to get at something you have to take it out of your pocket then un-zip it. With the Skinth, it just rides on the belt and when you want something you just pull the flap up and take out what you need.

This is the front of the Skinth with the optional straps on the flap I had him install to carry my Tasman.

This is some of the things that I'll carry in it.
I think I'm sold. I have a question - do you have to add the belt clip, or does it come with one? I don't understand his order guide. Thanks.

- best wishes, Jazz.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Jazz- I myself am not sure if it comes with the clip as I ordered mine with the Molle attachment. But if you shoot a mail to info@ericaustudios.com they reply really fast!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

cubsfan1969 wrote:Jazz- I myself am not sure if it comes with the clip as I ordered mine with the Molle attachment. But if you shoot a mail to info@ericaustudios.com they reply really fast!
Thank you. One more stupid question - what exactly is a Molle attatchment? Can you show a pic, please?

- best wishes, Jazz.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey jazz,
i don't have any pics at the moment, but molle straps are usually on the back of attachable packs and consist of usually two 5" straps, each with a snap on each end.
they slip through the horizontal webbing sewn on the front and sides of other molle gear.
there are usually several rows of webbing for multiple attachment points.
hope this helps.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes: