2009 Forum Native tragedy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cheddarnut

2009 Forum Native tragedy

Post by Cheddarnut »

My grail is available and i cant buy it cause they dont ship internationally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...collapses

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251001044066?re ... _500wt_922

I hope someone gives this the home it deserves.

*gives up knife hunting*
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I've had that happen a few times. And it sucks...

Try contacting the seller, sometimes they will give you the go ahead to bid. Otherwise...maybe one of the guys here will help you out. Happens quite a bit from what I have seen/experienced!

Good luck!!
On the hunt for...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Sorry bud :(
jossta

Post by jossta »

Did you ask them already? I always put US only on eBay, and I always sell to international buyers when they ask me.
ICSK

Post by ICSK »

I have to imagine that Canadian customs would consider this a gravity knife because you can flick it open. This Native is pinned together so I'm afraid I can't tighten it to help you. Sorry!
jossta

Post by jossta »

How do all the Canadian dealers get their knives then, especially flippers, etc? I've shipped more than one folder all that could flick open and they've never been stopped.
DeathBySnooSnoo

ICSK wrote:I have to imagine that Canadian customs would consider this a gravity knife because you can flick it open. This Native is pinned together so I'm afraid I can't tighten it to help you. Sorry!
I've had a Native shipped up here and had no issues at all. I've also had a couple Manix and Para2s shipped up which are far more likely to be (wrongly) viewed as a flick knife and never had even a slight issue.
On the hunt for...
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

I don't want to break any rules, but is this what these knives go for?
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Wildernest Survivor wrote:I don't want to break any rules, but is this what these knives go for?
Older knives "go for" whatever someone is willing to pay. MSRP was $110 and Spyderco initially sold them for $66. Given only 300 of these were made, I'd say the asking price is neither a bargain or outrageous. As with most pricing issues, opinions will vary.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

HI,

Try getting a forwarding company account (i.e http://www.myus.com/) and use the address that you get to have the item sent. The forwarding company will redirect to your address.

Select a company that is not in New York and see if there are any taxes applicable by using an online knife reseller. Do a mock order to check taxation to where your forwarding company is.

good luck.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

The Deacon wrote:Older knives "go for" whatever someone is willing to pay. MSRP was $110 and Spyderco initially sold them for $66. Given only 300 of these were made, I'd say the asking price is neither a bargain or outrageous. As with most pricing issues, opinions will vary.
Thanks. I have heard that there were "issues" over the last forum knife, but that pre-dates my interest in Spyderco. I don't want to re-hash that subject: I just wanted to know if these knives were outrageously valued. Thanks for the quick response.
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

angusW

Post by angusW »

ICSK wrote:I have to imagine that Canadian customs would consider this a gravity knife because you can flick it open. This Native is pinned together so I'm afraid I can't tighten it to help you. Sorry!
I bought the 2009 forum native from the SFO as well most of my Spyderco knives have come from American online sellers and not a one has been confiscated.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate them all. Lets just say there has been intervention and my dream looks like it will in fact come true. :D :D
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Sweet!
On the hunt for...