Gayle Bradley

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rg02

Gayle Bradley

Post by rg02 »

UPS just came :) . I am very impressed with the quality of this knife. F&F is very nice. It is the newer version that has cut outs in the frame to help with the weight. Blade is razor sharp and the carbon fiber and polished frame edges are beautiful. This definitely is a stout knife! Enough with my babble, let's see some pics! Apologize for my poor photography skills :)

Blade perfectly centered:

Next to my para mil 2:

Top view of both:
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

The GB is definately a cool blade, and it's reputation speaks volumes. I've been keeping this one at arms length largely because of it's weight, but as I've just observed with my new Manix2, 5 ounces ain't so hefty,afterall. ;)
And don't short-change your photography skills, I thought that first one was particularly imaginative.
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Congrats! Awesome pics too. I love this knife as well, it's one of the nicest spydies I think, especially fit & finish. Definitely classier then most others.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

By far one of my favorites! I really love it...so much so that I overlook it's somewhat horrible blade to handle ratio.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Congrats! The GB was my 1st knife with M4 steel, and man it has become one of my favorite steels of all time.
nakahoshi

Post by nakahoshi »

Glad you took our advice :D

Enjoy it!

-Bobby
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Ain't it grand?
-Marc (pocketing a Cruwear Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

Nice pics! My favorite spydie!
Cheers!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

nakahoshi wrote:Glad you took our advice :D

Enjoy it!

-Bobby
Wouldn't of got this one without you alls advice! I can't wait to carry it :)
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Nice....congratz :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Congrat's, this is perhaps the smoothest opening Spydie I have. Gonna have to get mine out and give it some attention. Be safe.
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

I'm jealous. I have the same two knives coming in the mail along with a Sage 1. After seeing these pics now I'm really getting anxious to get my hands on them.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I just tested the out of the box sharpness and was able to shave hair on my hand. The M4 is razor sharp :)
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Alchemy1 wrote:I'm jealous. I have the same two knives coming in the mail along with a Sage 1. After seeing these pics now I'm really getting anxious to get my hands on them.
You will not be disappointed with either one! I understand the wait! I have a Yojimbo 2 on the way as well. Should be here Friday. I am done buying spydies for a while...... Baby girl due in March/April (our first)
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Congrats on the new addition to your family! I need to stop buying knives if I want to be able to pay my bills...LOL

I keep trying to ignore the fact that there are still blue paramilitaries for pre-order. If I knew I wouldn't get the invoice until my next paycheck I'd be all over one...hahaha.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hey rg02, Congrats on the new arrival, your upcoming daughter that is. Children are like Spyderco's. They have a way of changing the way that you view life and you spend WAY too much money on them and don't seem to mind. You need to thick about what Spyderco will be her first, maye a pick Native or Ladybug.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hey rg02, you should see how your wife would lmind if you named your daughter after a Spyderco knife, such as Gayle, or Zulu, Cat, Delica, Cricket, Caly, Sage, Kiwi, Honeybee, Shabaria or even Chaparral. It wouldn't hurt to ask. You could just name her Sal.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

this one is high on my want list.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

+1 on naming baby girl Sal itd b great and whered you find the **** yojimbo I've looked everywhere a PM would be nice
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
powernoodle

Post by powernoodle »

I think I have shown this before, but an improvement - at least in my view - on the design is to relieve the scale and liner to give good access to the Spydie hole and liner lock. The work was done by Tom Krein.

Its a tremendous improvement. But I understand why its the way it is -presumably to prevent unintentional disengagement of the lock under hard use.