Got a Squeak (Pic!)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mathomps

Got a Squeak (Pic!)

Post by mathomps »

Just got a Squeak...and I love it! It's also my first Spyderco.

I was looking for something small to carry to work (education) and was set on the Chicago, but the jimping and the (what seems to be) slimmer handle/scales on the Squeak sold me.

It is a great little knife. Perfect size/weight for office carry in my dress slacks. I was hesitant about the slipit joint, but it's perfect. Real snappy "lock-up" that I was not expecting! I also didn't know what to expect from the FRN scales, but they are super classy and have a fantastic feel. I was fully expecting to replace them with some customs...but I'm gonna hold off on that now!

Anyway...love my first Spyderco!

[ATTACH]17921[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Squeak.jpg
Squeak.jpg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
duvaldrummer

Post by duvaldrummer »

Congrats on your first spydie! This knife has had my attention from the moment it came out, can't wait to pick one up and try out n690co.
My :spyder:'s : C11FBL Delica 4 ffg; C36CMOBK Military; C123 Sage; C135 PPT; C81G2 Para-Military 2; C75SS3 Kiwi3(2); B02GP SmallFly; C10FPPR Endura 4 FFG; C81GPOR2 Para-Military 2(2); C28BK2 Dragonfly2; C11FPOR Delica 4 ffg; C11GYW Delica 4 Emerson; C88SBK Salt I SpyderEdge; C10JBB Endura Jigged Bone/Damascus; C10PPN Endura;
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Congratz on your first Spyderco knife. I have not seen this model before and am definitely going to look it up.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Heespharm

Post by Heespharm »

Yup great knife great steel... This is my second favorite little big knife right behind my s30v chicago
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I love the Squeak ... my only slight gripe (or suggestion for future improvement) is that it is pretty small so it would have been nice to have a lanyard hole so that it can be added to a keychain :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

mathomps wrote:Just got a Squeak...and I love it! It's also my first Spyderco.
Yupp. Great little knife. Cool picture, too. The Squeak is my go to knife nowadays for dressier pants or those stupid girls pants that have too shallow pockets for anything else :rolleyes: And it's totally legal in public here. My Squeak has seen a lot of use and it holds up admirably.
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
BAL

Post by BAL »

Nice first Spyderco and welcome. Only question now is what will be your second, and third and ......
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mathomps,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum. Hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Is that a Belgium sharpeing stone I see behind the Squeak?

sal
Donut

Post by Donut »

Squeak is one of the better ones. I keep getting surprised by how well the steel performs.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

The Speak is one of those Spydies I need to get my hands on!
Come Join Us Click Here
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

Welcome to the forums. Nice first knife; nice first photo!
mathomps

Thanks!

Post by mathomps »

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Yeah, I don't know what the next one will be...but I'm working on it.

Sal, that is a Belgian coticule in the pic. I've been straight razor shaving for a few years now...thus my interest in blades! I actually started with my Great-Grandfathers giant wedge Wostenholm. Nothing like cold steel on your throat to wake a person up in the morning!

Matt
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Matt,

I shaved with a straight razor for many years. Even reground knives into razors tyo test them. I shaved for a year with one of our kitchen knives (cut off the tip so I wouldn't stab my nose, and added a channel to the spine for sharpening.

I have a number of Coticule stones. Spyderco imported them for a while, but couldn't get enough afi's (aficianados) to play with them, so we gave it up. They worked well on razors.

sal
mathomps

Post by mathomps »

Interesting little history there. Thanks. I know a couple guys that use Spyderco hones (UF) for their razors and really enjoy them.

Squeak question now: Since this little knife is probably meant to carry discretely any chance there are black/dark wire clips that would fit it? If so I'd love to pick one up. Although I did become aware that a fellow co-worker was a spyderco junkie because he noticed my wire clip...
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

You can buy a clip for a Sage 1 which is identical but black. Just give Spyderco a call.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants