Got a big Spyderco credit - now what to get with it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iwolf81

Got a big Spyderco credit - now what to get with it?

Post by iwolf81 »

I received a full credit from Spyderco Warranty and Repair for a ZDP-189 Mule and a Military Ti/M4. :) Unfortunately, both knives had manufacturing defects that couldn't be repaired. :(

So, I'm now thinking of getting a Titanium Military, preferably fluted, if available. Are there any other 'unique' Spydies that I should consider?

Thanks,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
jossta

Post by jossta »

Will they let you use it on a Randall? If so, I'd put it towards that :) . Otherwise, LionSpy would be a good thing to buy if you already had a lot of credit. As well as a Tuff or a Yo2 plus a Native 5.

No wait, what about the G10 Bushcraft and a Catcherman.

....I can see why you're having trouble deciding :p .
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Man, thats a nice problem to have! :)

Dunno how unique these will be when they finally arrive, but I would consider the following if I was in your position:

Millie M390
Lionspy
Tuff
Techno
Dodo sprint
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
jossta

Post by jossta »

I would say the Millie M390/CF too, but are they going to be available through Spyderco or only knifeworks?

Techno and Dodo are good points too.
brayou85

Post by brayou85 »

all this talk about the techno. im also a fan but WHEN ?. I hear the fluted ti is hand done and each will be slightly different and unique. but cant confirm that
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Good point about the Millie M390/CF - for a moment I forgot its a dealer exclusive only...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
jossta

Post by jossta »

Lol, I just looked at your name...nice.
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I just spoke with W&R and I'm now on the list for a Fluted Titanium Military; however, it won't be available for at least a month. Maybe it will come as a surprise holiday present.

@jossta - Your Yojimbo 2 plus Native 5 suggestion became my Plan B.

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Put it towards a lifetime supply of shipping charges.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

It's a shame that you missed the SFO 30% off sale that ended October 31. Unless you are taking a trip to the SFO, I would look for unique offerings like the mule series since you pay full price for the regular production and sprint run models on Spyderco's website that are available elsewhere for much cheaper. Use it to buy a Randall, mule, or other exclusive items that only Spyderco.com sells to get your money's worth.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Yojimbo 2 is on preorder at NGK and probably other sites. That'd be a great one to have!
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Blades

Post by Blades »

Do you have a Moran?
--Jason--
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Ira,

I would personally go with the fluted ti mili myself, I think you made a good choice. I've been on a waiting list myself since 4/14/11 with an online retailer for one. Hopefully they will get 'em out.