I'm in Spyderco heaven today :)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SuzieQ

I'm in Spyderco heaven today :)

Post by SuzieQ »

Totally stupid meaningless thread but I figure you guys are about the only ones who can actually relate to my enthusiasm today.

The postal lady dropped 3 parcels containing 4 - in words FOUR - Spyderco knives on my doorstep today! All knives were ordered from different ebay sellers in the US over the course of 6 weeks. One went through customs here but the other two probably made it here in the same container or something ;)

I'm totally over the moon about the pink Delica FFG. It' an awesome color and even though the picture showed a saber grind knife this one came as FFG. Which totally rocks. And then there's a Squeak, which is a cute little knife. Took some fine grit sandpaper to smooth out the hole a bit. And last but not least I added a Grasshopper and a Kiwi to my collection. Grinning from ear to ear here :D
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
JD Spydo

You're one of us now Suzie

Post by JD Spydo »

Well congratulations Suzie :) Now you must realize you are a completely addicted Spyderhead now and you can forget about 401Ks, mutual funds or money market funds for that matter because most all your spare cash will be used for your Spyder habit :D

Just wait till you get into some of the specialty areas of Spyderdom like Hawkbills and special fixed blades and sprint runs. Hot dogs and sardines along with Ramen soup will be the mainstay of your diet now Suzie :D Because the good money will be going for Spyders ;) :D
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Congrats! Enjoy your new purchases. Which kiwi did you get? That is quickly becoming my favorite little guy in the Spyderco lineup.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Sounds like you are ready to join the Collector's Club!
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

I got the regular SS Kiwi. Mostly because I wanted to try a Wharnie blade. It looks really cool and feels much larger in the hand than I thought it would. And it's a slippie which means no hassle with carrying here in Germany.

@JD I'm afraid you're absolutely right :o I just saw someone pointing out the new orange FRN Delica! :D
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I picked up the stag slipit kiwi a short while ago... you will not be disappointed by that lil' fella in any way, I feel I can safely guarantee it :D . Now you just have to go find a good engraver and really make it yours.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Enjoy your knives, and yes, we share your enthusiasm. :)

- best wishes, Jazz.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!! :) ;)

Congrats on your new knives bro, Enjoy em!
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Cuervo

Post by Cuervo »

This is a perfect venue to share your enthusiasm. Congrats and enjoy!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I'm starting to think a ffg Delica is one of the best things going on period, whether it be pink, blue, grey, orange... Or green.

I've been using mine hard for a while now, and it shows no signs of giving up. A couple swipes every night to touch it up and it's ready for another 12 hours on the bindery floor. I'm in the interesting position of working in a place where things constantly need to be cut. It's a Spydie carriers paradise. :D
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

nice; i know the feeling of opening boxes .greeetzzzzzz
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

spyderHS08 wrote:THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!! :) ;)

Congrats on your new knives bro, Enjoy em!

I know, totally worthless ;) Might be able to manage a few pics today.

@Rwb1500: Nice color on a great knife :) Had the chance to try out some of the larger Spydies last weekend on a trip to Austria and I gotta say, even an Endura (which was the smallest of the lot) seemed massive to me :eek: The Delica is the largest I'm willing to go with my knives I think. Which is a relief, really, because it means less chance to spend even more money on Spydies ;)

The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Nice! It's been too long since I've experienced the pleasure of fondling a new Spyderco--money has been tight. I remember this spring I got my Urban, Kiwi and Chokwe all on the same day...that was a good day :D

I love the FFG Delica as well--I think I'll eventually get another one in ZDP, since I don't have any real hard users in ZDP. It's a perfect EDC
BAL

Post by BAL »

Nice pick ups SuzieQ, I was about to mention the Orange Delica and Endura, but see that you had already heard. I like the Grasshopper quite a bit. It is not talked about that much on here, but it is a classy looking little knife, like a mini police. I keep one on my keyboard at the office, just in case. It's not too intimidating looking for the Non-knife people.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

SuzieQ wrote:I got the regular SS Kiwi. Mostly because I wanted to try a Wharnie blade. It looks really cool and feels much larger in the hand than I thought it would. And it's a slippie which means no hassle with carrying here in Germany.

@JD I'm afraid you're absolutely right :o I just saw someone pointing out the new orange FRN Delica! :D
Congrats on the new knives. I bet it's unusual for them all to show up on the same day.

Be careful with the Kiwi. It'll nip you. :) I got one a couple of months ago and not being used to non-locking folders any more when closing it it'll slam shut and it barely nicked the palm of my hand. I'm sure I'd be more adept at closing it if I carried slip-its more. I do like the knife though and the wharnie blade is more functional than I thought it would be. I liked the way it fits in the hand also. I feel for you not being able to carry a larger selection because of where you live.

Jack
PS edit: I've heard there is no such thing as a stupid question. Well I don't think there is any such thing as a stupid thread here. :) Keep em coming.

Post by 1623 »

Your enthusiasm is almost tangible and you made my day start off with a smile; thanks!

I recently received a Squeak as a gift from my wife and it's a fantastic little knife. I was already a UKPK/Slippie fan anyway and the Squeak only added to my fondness.

Enjoy your new additions.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Nice picks Suzie!
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

It's good to feel understood and welcome with you guys :)

Here's before:

And after:

There's more on Flickr.

The Squeak went into my right front pocket today for EDC duty. Love the deep pocket clip and the compact size.

@jackknifeh: Know what you mean. Had a near accident with a Victorinox Pioneer shortly after I unpacked it. Wasn't used to the stiff back spring. You get used to it though.

jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

SuzieQ wrote:It's good to feel understood and welcome with you guys :)

Here's before:

And after:

There's more on Flickr.

The Squeak went into my right front pocket today for EDC duty. Love the deep pocket clip and the compact size.

@jackknifeh: Know what you mean. Had a near accident with a Victorinox Pioneer shortly after I unpacked it. Wasn't used to the stiff back spring. You get used to it though.
Nice set of new ones. If you like sharp things I think your'e welcome here. I used to have to answer a question about Spyderco's saying about making sharp things and making things sharp just to do something like login. Does anyone know what happened to that?

Suzie, the Kiwi isn't the only Spyderco to bite me. I even had to buy less groceries to pay for all the bandaids. :eek: :D

Jack
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

SuzieQ wrote:I know, totally worthless ;) Might be able to manage a few pics today.

@Rwb1500: Nice color on a great knife :) Had the chance to try out some of the larger Spydies last weekend on a trip to Austria and I gotta say, even an Endura (which was the smallest of the lot) seemed massive to me :eek: The Delica is the largest I'm willing to go with my knives I think. Which is a relief, really, because it means less chance to spend even more money on Spydies ;)
Yea thats what I thought a while ago, then I bought a Manix 2, then moved up to an Endura G10, then bought a Military lol. Once you get that gateway blade others wont feel so big anymore lol. But I understand you live in a place with certain restrictions. What part of Germany do you live in if you dont mind me asking?

Those are great looking knives too. I was so excited to get my Sage yesterday. All day I was checking my tracking number to see if it was delivered and nothing. Then I opened my front door and there it was sitting there.
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.