Wish me luck

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SolidState

Wish me luck

Post by SolidState »

Hey Knifebros,

My design mock-up is in a review meeting today at Spyderco HQ. Please wish me luck. Boy am I nervous!
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

good luck, and I hope we can make scales on said folding swick!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

good luck! i think that would be like getting a holy grail to any member on here, to get one of your own designs made by spyderco. GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!!!!! :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
BAL

Post by BAL »

Good luck, SS that's awesome. Nothing to be nervous about, it's just fame and fortune on the line.
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

BAL wrote:Good luck, SS that's awesome. Nothing to be nervous about, it's just fame and fortune on the line.
+1 on this! :p

but seriously... that's awesome and good luck!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

It is awesome that you are in review ... hope you get to next phase!

Good Luck and well done!

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

tonydahose wrote:good luck! i think that would be like getting a holy grail to any member on here.
I finally got the design to where it is pretty much there, and sent it in. I must say Spyderco R&D has been a pleasure to deal with. Peter Jhones has been friendly and professional with great communication.
DCDesigns wrote:I hope we can make scales on said folding swick!
There will probably be the capability for custom scales.

I still haven't heard anything yet, but I've got my fingers crossed. I feel like I'm going to explode.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The best of luck to you! Sounds like I might need to add to my knife savings account. :)
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Good luck! I think that you are the envy of many of us here even getting to that stage! But with a good design I am sure it will move forward.
On the hunt for...
BAL

Post by BAL »

This goes without saying, SolidState, but let us know if you hear anything. We're just living vicariously thru you now.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Very cool! Quite an honor to have a company such as Spyderco take your design into consideration. Good luck and best wishes!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

You're a very sharp guy Solidstate. If you've worked on this for as long as you have I'm sure most of the angles have been figured out :) Best to you, there is no such thing as a turnkey installation.

(Thanks again for the chemistry lesson, I relearned some things :) )
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

There is no word yet. I'm totally freaking out.

If they don't make it, I have to find a custom maker. I have the furnaces for the heat treat!

The really really funny thing about this is that my office mates are in Golden right now at an NREL conference, and I'm sitting in Oregon.
Sir Humphry Davy
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Awesome! That sounds cool. Cant wait to see what it looks like...in production. :spyder: :spyder:
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Solid, I wish you the best of luck.

Just having Spyderco review your design if something to be proud of.

Hope all goes well and I am seeing your design on Spyderco.com in the near future!

Chris
Come Join Us Click Here
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

Good luck :)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Just wanted to add one more good luck to the mix buddy. Can't wait to see what you came up with.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

News is in! They are going to go ahead and make a prototype to bring with them to knife shows!

You know what this means: I'm going to have to try to steal my own knife design at the OKCA!
Sir Humphry Davy
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

SolidState wrote:News is in! They are going to go ahead and make a prototype to bring with them to knife shows!
Fantastic! Congratulations.
-Marc (pocketing a VG10 JD Smith sprint today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Great news! Congrats!
On the hunt for...