TUFF Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
duvaldrummer

TUFF Thread

Post by duvaldrummer »

I don't know how much longer I can wait for the tuff to come out! Use this thread to post anything regarding the tuff (opinions, details, etc..). :spyder:
My :spyder:'s : C11FBL Delica 4 ffg; C36CMOBK Military; C123 Sage; C135 PPT; C81G2 Para-Military 2; C75SS3 Kiwi3(2); B02GP SmallFly; C10FPPR Endura 4 FFG; C81GPOR2 Para-Military 2(2); C28BK2 Dragonfly2; C11FPOR Delica 4 ffg; C11GYW Delica 4 Emerson; C88SBK Salt I SpyderEdge; C10JBB Endura Jigged Bone/Damascus; C10PPN Endura;
Slash

Post by Slash »

Sounds like a Tuff wait to me. I'm just hoping to get my lionspy before the end of this month.
Good luck with that wait.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I'm just hoping it won't be ridiculously expensive...cause I love the looks of the prototype that was shown....and I would love to have a Tuff one of these days..
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Slash wrote:Sounds like a Tuff wait to me.
Tuff luck for me. I was going to make a pun and then I see you beat me to it.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

lol in my wait for the tuff.... i bought not 1 but 2 strider folders in 3v. the tuff should be nothing short of awesome!!!
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

It looks like it's gonna be tuff on my wallet :/
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi dd, It is not the wait, for many it is the impatience that is hard to endure. But, as far as we know the Tuff was not mentioned in the mid-year update brochure, so it is safe to suspect that it's release will be in 2012. More than enough time to save up the cash and to have that knife the day after it is introduced, Right?
Good Luck and ..... Tuff it out, Bro!
Jurphaas.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
navajasound

Post by navajasound »

I think they can at least show us the last prototype . I know the texture of the Ti will be different from waht was shown . The pivot will be stronger too and the will be a steel insert on the lock . I hope it stays below 200 street price or around 200 .
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Jurphaas wrote:it is safe to suspect that it's release will be in 2012. More than enough time to save up the cash and to have that knife the day after
I wrote the same thing in an earlier thread and Sal responded that it might be out by the end of 2011.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

sal said they were hopeful for end of 2011.
im gonna say 2012 so if it is end of this year its a surprise! lol
jossta

Post by jossta »

I'm going back and forth on this model. First I was excited for anything with 3v. Then I saw it and didn't like it. Then it grew on me and I had to have one. Now I'm back to not liking the shape at all. It just seems too rounded to me for a "Tuff" knife. I will probably buy one and get it in hand before I decide whether or not I like it, but I think I'll probably end up with a small custom fixed blade in 3v instead for just a bit more. Maybe both though..... :)
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Look at my signature... I'm dying to get the Tuff. I've put all other knife purchases on hold!
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Faith is a beautiful thing, and Sal is a very optimistic guy....
Cheers, Jurphaas.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

just get both :-P

jossta wrote:I'm going back and forth on this model. First I was excited for anything with 3v. Then I saw it and didn't like it. Then it grew on me and I had to have one. Now I'm back to not liking the shape at all. It just seems too rounded to me for a "Tuff" knife. I will probably buy one and get it in hand before I decide whether or not I like it, but I think I'll probably end up with a small custom fixed blade in 3v instead for just a bit more. Maybe both though..... :)
jossta

Post by jossta »

Yeah, yeah I know :p . I will get a Tuff, but whether or not it'll be a catch and release remains to be seen. Right now the only thing I'm excited about is not a Spyderco (ZT 0561) and maybe some customs.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

jossta wrote:Yeah, yeah I know :p . I will get a Tuff, but whether or not it'll be a catch and release remains to be seen. Right now the only thing I'm excited about is not a Spyderco (ZT 0561) and maybe some customs.
im right there with you.

my list is very short at the moment which im thankful for.

1. ZT 0561
2. Spyderco Tuff
3.Demko ad-10 (considering scratching this off the list)
4. Strider SnG 3v (not to sure how this would work out, but it sounds cool in theory)
navajasound

Post by navajasound »

If the TUff was all Ti handle it would have been even cooler ! Don't know why spyderco prefers G10 .
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

because its cool, duh! ti/g10 is just sick :-)
navajasound

Post by navajasound »

jwrickma24 wrote:because its cool, duh! ti/g10 is just sick :-)
maybe the Tuff is made to compete with Strider ? I personally think that an all Ti handle with some pattern on both sides will be better .
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

I cant wait for this knife. I am so hard on knives, I try to stick to M4 or 3v. This will be a great pocket chisel!
I have a small collection.. At least in my mind its small. All respect to Sal and this great company! Collector Club Member #120