Tan M4 Manix Shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dapurplenurple

Post by Dapurplenurple »

Out of curiosity, for those that have gotten a paypal invoice and shipping confirmation, when did you place your preorder? I received my preorder confirmation 2/22/11 but was not in the first outgoing batch. I'd like to get a feel for whether I'm in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... upcoming batch.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I cannot find my original e-mail but I would say around Jan. 15.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Dapurplenurple wrote:Out of curiosity, for those that have gotten a paypal invoice and shipping conversation, when did you place your preorder? I received my preorder confirmation 2/22/11 but was not in the first outgoing batch. I'd like to get a feel for whether I'm in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... upcoming batch.
Pre-order confirmed: January 14, 2011

Mine is 'in the mail' shipped 3:13 pm on April 02, 2011. :cool:

Bento Box has done Spyderco fanatics a big favor by making this knife available. Receiving and shipping this order is going to take some time so we should be patient. I have bought from the before and I'm confidant they are busting tail to get them all shipped. :D
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Pre-order confirmed: January 14, 2011

Mine is 'in the mail' shipped 3:13 pm on April 02, 2011. :cool:
Same here; shipped 4/2, expected delivery 4/4, which is pretty fast from CA to MA.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Received shipping info.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Yay. :)
Jonj480

Post by Jonj480 »

I can't wait. They told me I was in the next batch when I emailed them the other day. I am working on a project now where a ffg M4 blade would be extremely useful. They told me it may be a few weeks until the next batch comes in.
MCM

Post by MCM »

"when did you place your preorder?"

My order for (2) was confirmed on 1/13/11
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

When you guys start getting your knives would you check for the blade play when the knife is closed mentioned in another thread? I've only held one Manix 2 (154CM) and it was brand new within the last week and there is a LOT of blade play when closed and almost touched the inside of each liner but barely didn't. When it locks it locks solid. The closed knife blade play seems to be something in the design so I don't have a problem with it as long as it locks up solid when open. I was just wondering if the M4 blade knives were the same.

Jack
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Personally, I don't care if there is some play when closed as long as it locks up nicely when it's open. :)

Looking forward to seeing some nice photos of these knives as people start to receive them.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
GohawnFG

Post by GohawnFG »

Dapurplenurple wrote:Out of curiosity, for those that have gotten a paypal invoice and shipping confirmation, when did you place your preorder? I received my preorder confirmation 2/22/11 but was not in the first outgoing batch. I'd like to get a feel for whether I'm in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... upcoming batch.
My confirmation email is dated 1/13. Time flies, I didn't even realize it was that long ago, lol.
Dapurplenurple

Post by Dapurplenurple »

Thanks, guys, for all the replies. I'm very new to the Spyderco world and just starting my collection. I just learned about "sprint runs" several weeks ago which is when I placed my preorder. I now have a better feel for where I stand in line :) .
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Dapurplenurple wrote:Out of curiosity, for those that have gotten a paypal invoice and shipping confirmation, when did you place your preorder? I received my preorder confirmation 2/22/11 but was not in the first outgoing batch. I'd like to get a feel for whether I'm in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... upcoming batch.
I received my confirmation on 2/18/11 and in an email reply from bbs they told me I would be in the next shipment. The 22nd is only 2 business days sooner so maybe yours will be in that one also.

I wonder how many different shipments there will be with a week or two between each one (or whatever timeframe).

Jack
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Just a few more hours... It's out for delivery!
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

dsmegst wrote:Just a few more hours... It's out for delivery!
A few days for me. :( They are sharpening mine at Spyderco as I type. :D

Jack
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Pre-order confirmed on 31-Jan.

BBS just sent an e-mail that I did make the cut for this run, and that they'd be able to fulfill the order as soon as they can.

I'm good with that. For now... :D I've ordered some other things to keep me occupied.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I can't wait to see some real pics and impressions of this one...so those of you that should have it today or tomorrow. Get posting! :D
On the hunt for...
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Mine should be here today. I will get some photos up tonight.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Cool!
On the hunt for...
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

The M4 Manix 2s are here. :)

I included the Foliage Green Manix 2 for color comparison. Don't worry, the color in the picture has a green tint to the scales but it's really a light tan.

I tried fixing the color a bit. It's a little closer to the actual color now. ;)

Both knives had smooth but slightly loose pivots that tightened up perfectly (no play, moves freely with a little shake) with adjustments to the pivot screw. They can be tightened to be stiff if wished. I think there's been a reduction in pivot bearing thickness. F&F is very good as expected and one has a slightly uneven edge bevel but the other is very even. Blade centering is good on both. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Thank you Bento Box Shop and Spyderco!
Dan (dsmegst)

Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral