Nutnfancy at Spyderco w/Sal SHOT SHOW 2011

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jakemug

Post by Jakemug »

Just watched the videos on Youtube and had to get over here to see what you guys were saying. I love how Sal completely dismisses every comment made by Nutn'. He is so cool and really knows how to deal with fanboy d-bags. Plus, he got his information out there and a lot of free publicity. Win win for all!
Neomik

Post by Neomik »

SQSAR wrote:People can say what they will about TNP, but I find most of them pretty good. I'm glad he takes the time to produce them so I can attend the SHOT show vicariously through him.
Surely that is something everybody should not forget!

Like every product/movie/Person of interest when put into a market it will be criticized and that is good cause we live in a free world (for the most part!).

The moment you go public with something you expose your privacy and make yourself part of the product (in this case productions of Nutnfancy) and if your attitude and behavior, knowledge, opinions are the point of critic than it is part of how good your product is or maybe not!

That been said I still watch NutnF... videos if the product he reviews is of interest to me but I get annoyed by him narrating and referring to himself and talking about his P.O.U. and all his personally invented expressions that he expects to be picked up by the community!
"""The most annoying thing he does is his whip sound!"""

Still he takes the time and does those things and that he should be thanked for!
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Impressive interview. Hmm, I guess the paramillies have a serious opponent now; the Superleaf with a 4 mm thick blade as well! Sweet :rolleyes:

Tomas
Tom
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much for the kind words and thanx to Nutnfancy for the time and effort.

The Lionsteel/Spyderco collaboration will not be an inexpensive knife. We'll more than likely change the name by production time. We won't be including the glass breaker.

The Totem that I'm wearing at the show is 6Al4V Titanium. Thanx for the links to explanation.

sal
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Looking forward to meet you in March in Amsterdam Sal!

Cheers,
Tomas
Tom
OtisCampbell

Post by OtisCampbell »

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview.. it's always great to hear directly from the
designers their point of view on their own products.

I couldn't take my eyes off that titanium totem you were wearing Sal.. very cool design!
speedcut

Post by speedcut »

I would like to say a very big thank you to Mr. Sal Glesser and to Mr. Ed Schempp for the wealth of information they have given us and it was a true pleasure for me to hear them speak about :spyder: knives.......and by the way my opinion is that they were interrupted way too much.... :)
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Sal - thanks to you and your colleagues for taking the time to talk with the videographers at the SHOT show. I know you are extremely busy - and it is always great to get some of the backstory on each of the knives.

Had you all thought of making your own videos for posting on your web site? You could hand Kristi a camera and turn her into a video producer! :-) You might be able to do this before the show floor opens or at some other time when the booth is a little less busy. Just a thought. I'm sure Kristi's camera work would be much less jittery than Nutnfancy's...

Enjoyed it, sir!
TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Phillipsted,

We've thought about it. Mike Janich is making some, but we're all pretty busy these days. I expect we'll get to it in the future. It's the best way to explain the design philosophy of a model, as well as history and evolution.

We talked about the models that Ntfcy was interested to hear about. We also didn't have to set up cameras. It seems there were more video-photographers this year so we were able to make a few. Mike Janich did some, Ed Schempp, Gayle Bradley as well.

sal
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

speedcut wrote:I would like to say a very big thank you to Mr. Sal Glesser and to Mr. Ed Schempp for the wealth of information they have given us and it was a true pleasure for me to hear them speak about :spyder: knives.......and by the way my opinion is that they were interrupted way too much.... :)
I fully agree with everything you said. :)
vicbastige

Post by vicbastige »

Doc Pyres wrote:I fully agree with everything you said. :)
+1. I have only been able to make it through one or two of NFs "clips". I find the the word "silly" to be a perfect descriptor.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Nice videos, I enjoy watching Ed talk.

I found it funny that Nutn didn't get shown any of Gayle's stuff.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Donut wrote:Nice videos, I enjoy watching Ed talk.

I found it funny that Nutn didn't get shown any of Gayle's stuff.
Perhaps because of what Sal mentioned a couple posts back...
sal wrote:We talked about the models that Ntfcy was interested to hear about.

sal
I will just add that I got the distinct impression from Ed Schempp's comments that, regardless of what some of us may think, NutnFancy's videos have been beneficial to Spyderco. That to me puts him head and shoulders above the "lets break something" YouTube cretins.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
marlinspike

Post by marlinspike »

The Deacon wrote:Perhaps because of what Sal mentioned a couple posts back...

I will just add that I got the distinct impression from Ed Schempp's comments that, regardless of what some of us may think, NutnFancy's videos have been beneficial to Spyderco. That to me puts him head and shoulders above the "lets break something" YouTube cretins.
I think nutn has gone off the deep end, but I do still watch and enjoy his videos. What's more, there is a knife I have bought and are knives I will by specifically because of his videos. I bought the Kershaw Breakout, which I never have and never would have heard of without his video after seeing it. I added a Lum Chinese glass fiber to my to-buy list because of his video - based on pictures I thought it was textured, now that I know it's smooth I want one. I had previously said "no" to the Gayle Bradley, but am thinking of putting it on the list after being reintroduced to it in the video.
Pinetreebbs

+1

Post by Pinetreebbs »

the deacon wrote:...

I will just add that i got the distinct impression from ed schempp's comments that, regardless of what some of us may think, nutnfancy's videos have been beneficial to spyderco. That to me puts him head and shoulders above the "lets break something" youtube cretins.
+1
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.