So what did you cut with spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Today i cut some silicone vacuum hose for my car with my Manix2. I got 2 impressions...first was that it sailed through this hose almost instantly, second was that this knife is great when wearing gloves (Mechanics gloves). The huge spydiehole works wonders if you have huge hands like me and you're wearing gloves, and all the jimping makes for a super secure grip.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Para2 with me at work today:

Packages with tritium and hydrogen peroxide (at work)
Magnesium band
Ham
Some branches on the rose bushes that were growing to far into the driveway
Lots of apples for chutney (great at coring them, used a Santoku for cutting them up in pieces)
Popped open a Ladegaard pilsner with it when I was done :D :cool:
JaM

Post by JaM »

Opened some boxes with my AUS-8 PE Dragonfly, cut some tape with my ATS-55 SE Rescue, cut some vegetables with my ZDP-189 PE Stretch II.

All good, just different, right ? ;)
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Sliced up 5.5kg of beef last night for jerky... 2 of us with my freshly sharpened millies (s30v g10) in an hour.

Only other cutting over the weekend was opening packages (picked up some yahoo messenger phones and extra network gear)
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
ColtCobra

Post by ColtCobra »

My finger. :eek:
Nifty_Nives

Post by Nifty_Nives »

ColtCobra wrote:My finger. :eek:
Well, looks like your Spydie bit you, now its yours forever. :D

All of your knives that you truly like will bite you, so watch out, they are tools, but they are dangerous. Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

-Drew
Andy
ColtCobra

Post by ColtCobra »

Nifty_Nives wrote:Well, looks like your Spydie bit you, now its yours forever. :D

All of your knives that you truly like will bite you, so watch out, they are tools, but they are dangerous. Hope it doesn't hurt too much.

-Drew
It didn`t hurt at first,I put a butterfly stitch on it.It`s definitely not the first time was bitten by the spydie.It was love at first bite.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nifty_Nives wrote:Well, looks like your Spydie bit you, now its yours forever. :D
That's essentially how my Manix2 purchase went down. I cut myself, played with it for a while, then bought it :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

After my p.o.s Dockers belt broke after 2 months I had to cut up some nylon twine to make a belt for the rest of the day.
marcone

Post by marcone »

i have cut with my UKPN a pick salami ...
kingdomgone

Post by kingdomgone »

I went on a fishing trip this morning and cut a bunch of line. After using garlic salmon eggs as trout bait and cutting around baited hooks one of my dogs seemed to think my Millie is a chew toy. The G10 held up much better than expected through that test.
BIGJim223

Post by BIGJim223 »

Evil D wrote:That's essentially how my Manix2 purchase went down. I cut myself, played with it for a while, then bought it :D
I recently gave a black ManixII (groom) and a pink sprint run ManixII to the bride as wedding presents. Upon opening her Manix and flipping it open, she promptly received a nasty Spyder bite to a finger! Thanks to quick thinking and a close by wedding napkin, no blood was transferred to the white wedding gown, to her relief!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... =fbx_album

Her left hand is clenched in the photo to keep pressure on the Spydie bite!
And yes, she is packing the Spydie in her wedding dress! She was also informed by me that the ManixII is now hers for life!
BIGJim223
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

This morning my Aqua cut (spread) some peanut butter and then cut (stirred) my coffee. It proved up to both challenges. :)

Then I did a little Tasman-then-and-now cutting comparison on the box containing my new Nalgene.

Hm, then the Khukuri opened some mail and the Cat trimmed a rough thumbnail. This has been an unusually active knife day for me (don't get to use them as much as I'd like lately).
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Was out working on a shoot in the woods today and this big branch (about 3/4" diameter) was hanging down into our shot. Pulled out my CF Sage and cut into it at a 45° angle from the left and then then the right, alternating between the two and slicing out chunks until I made it all the way through. Probably would have been a better job for a small hatchet or saw, but my knife was the only sharp thing we had on hand. I just made sure that I was cutting straight and not twisting and torquing the blade, so it still locks up with no blade play. It handled it like a champ and still shaves hair. It makes me happy when my Spydercos get put to good use.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DM11

Post by DM11 »

I cut up the ribeye steak I grilled for supper with my Police.
Hold Fast

David
PovertyViaKnifeCollecting

Post by PovertyViaKnifeCollecting »

I cut up some wiring and cable with my new Gayle Bradley :) :) :)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I cut my foot a-****-gain! That is three times I've had a knife on a table and grabbed something else causing the knife to slide off the table and stab my foot. I really should have gotten stitches this time but before my wife saw it I used a paper towel and electrical tape to bandage it. I then put a pair of socks on and tried not to limp too baddly.

By the way, has anyone ever used "liquid skin" to seal a cut? I did that the other day and it really worked pretty good. My wife bought it for me kind of as a joke but I found it to be very useful. I've been doing a lot of whittling lately and have cut myself more than usual. I found protective gloves for about $20 and also thumb and finger protectors on the internet for people who do a lot of wood carving. If I get the glove I'll test it by putting the glove on my left hand and shooting the palm of the glove with my pistol. If the glove fails, no problem because I have my liquid skin.

Wish me luck,
Jack
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

myself
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Hi, after hunting for Spydies the last two hours on the internet I tell you what I cut today with my Spyderco. Not myself, not today :cool: It was a nice autumn sunday here in Germany and this afternoon me and my wife took a hike with our dog in the forest. Neatly clipped in my right jeanspocket was my Caly3 Vg10. I used it cutting away some branching that blocked our way on some...lets say...more unofficial paths in the forest. My wife always hates it when we take shortcuts in the forest. She always calls me names. But handy, handy, Tomas isn't Tomas without a Spyderco...

Later that afternoon I had to finish a few leathersheaths for a Fallkniven A2 and an ESEE 5 for someone. And there they were again: the Caly3 and the supersharp ZDP Walker (Boy, I love this little one). Especially the Walker cuts the 3 layer thick saddleleather like butter.

Added is a picture of the finished FK sheath. Isn't that sweet cut by my little Walker (and the belt grinder) ;)

Cheers,
<:{{{{{>
Attachments
nieuwe foto´s 191.jpg
nieuwe foto´s 191.jpg (99.55 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Tom
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

cut string to remove halloween decorations
cut plastic string to take apart a pair of kid shoes

Both done with M4 Military
Experience is something you get right after you need it :eek: