A BuGs LiFe!!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Phrenik

A BuGs LiFe!!

Post by Phrenik »

When I collect spydercos, and there is an available theme I usually like to collect that particular theme. Currently im focusing a lot on delicas. But for this debut, I am showing off my spyderco "bug" collection. [Please let me know if im missing a particular bug model, not another color /handle variation but an actual different knife - that would be awesome thanks!]. Anywho listed are all SS versions except 1 extra [purple frn ladybug], since the bugs are mostly available only in ss anyway.
So its a tattoo dragonfly, cricket, bug, grasshopper, honeybee, and 2 ladybugs.
Hope you guys like the pics, I am hoping to buy an SLR 1st quarter of next year, but until then I am just using a 8 year old digital camera. And I hope Im the first one to come up with this idea :p

Jeffrey Lee
PS i always found it odd theres no "spider" named knife.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

spyderfly ;) :p :D
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

Doh totally forgot about that one since it wasn't a folder never paid attention to it, I guess i Have to add it to my list lol if I can find it that is X.x
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Very nice!
Since I'm a fan of little big knives I've always aimed to get more Bug knives, hopefully getting all of them eventually, only missing a Cricket (if you count the Dfly Tattoo my Gf has). :p

"Spider", Spyderco Spider, sounds a bit corny to me but to each his own. :D
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

Phrenik wrote:PS i always found it odd theres no "spider" named knife.
SpyderHawk
Spin
Kumo
SpydeRench
SpyderSaw

Creepo wrote:Spyderco Spider, sounds a bit corny to me
Agreed.
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Nice collection!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

And saturn thats not what I meant, of having a spyder in the name. Meant having the actual insect, a spider like these, bug, cricket, grassshopper, honeybee etc. Spyderhawk isn't an insect or bug is it? or any of those particularly the spyderwrench lol although if that was a real bug that would be an interesting one indeed

just a spider in general, doesn't have to be a "spyderco spider" as the name. For example I may name one, Spyderco Recluse. [after the brown recluse spider]. Would have Browng10 or micarta handles, and a a SLIGHT curved spear point or something I don't know. Just some musings.

Another thing is, is there a specific spider the spyderco spider represents or is it just a spider? :p
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Phrenik wrote:Another thing is, is there a specific spider the spyderco spider represents or is it just a spider? :p
They basicly just made a spider-logo that is friendly looking.
And as an FYI, the name isn't originally from the word "spider".
The Spyderco Story wrote:The name Spyderco and the mascot spider that became embodied in the company's logo were derived from the word "spyder," which represented two things: the spiderlike shape of the Portable Hand and the designation some European automakers gave to high-performance roadsters.
High performance, then and now, was what Sal wanted to provide in whatever products he sold.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

oh very cool picture idea. Very nice!
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

Thanks for the info creepo, you always learn something new everyday :p and even better since its a bit of spyderco history.
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

Phrenik wrote:And saturn thats not what I meant, of having a spyder in the name. Meant having the actual insect, a spider like these, bug, cricket, grassshopper, honeybee etc. Spyderhawk isn't an insect or bug is it? or any of those particularly the spyderwrench lol although if that was a real bug that would be an interesting one indeed
Yeah I only put the rest of the spyder- models in there because smoothone suggested one. The main ones I wanted to point out were spin and kumo, which do mean simply spider.
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

LOL! this would've made an excellent entry for the calendar!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram