Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Ooooh. She's cute.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

There is a serrated Spyderco prominently shown in two early scenes in the 2006 "horror" film SUBJECT TWO. I could not identify the model, though I'm sure others could. Sorry, I couldn't find any pics.

Anyone see this film?
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Surnia

Post by Surnia »

FIMS wrote:Ooooh. She's cute.
I do believe its a guy....

Izaya's a male character as well
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Check out the neck area, seems to be no enlarged adam's apple. I could be wrong though.

[img][IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img7/9109/sapple.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Nifty_Nives

Post by Nifty_Nives »

Hey guys, im fairly certain that to use a spyderco knife in a movie would be a trademark infringement if people see the "Trademark spydiehole" so i feel as if they would have to ask permission, so does that mean that sal would have a whole list of every time anyone has commercially used a spyderco knife?

Also, whats with everyone using police and millies?
Andy
Nifty_Nives

Post by Nifty_Nives »

ousanas wrote:hmmm... looking at the clip (pausing it right before he picks it up), doesn't look that much like a para to me, can't see the comp lock at all. and the logo is on te wrong side of the blade.... also the logo looks more like a benchmade logo. Maybe a Vex, clip looks the same, the logo is still completely wrong side tho'
(Sorry for double post)

Thats almost certainly a benchmade. Its got the butterfly, as it looks, from a distance.
Andy
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

dont know if this has been said before but...

season 2 of the wire has 2 seperate "spyderco" sightings. we all know this.
well last night i was watching it again and found another (i own the 5 season box set and started to rewatch all start to finish last week) and im up to season 2 and i see "spiros vondopolous" take out a knife and slit the throat of the shepard who banged on the air pipe and killed the hookers. the eastern european man is sitting naked and after talking to "the greek" is then executed. "spiros" comes up from behind and takes out a small spyderco with a se edge and what looks like a white handle frn pattern. almost like a white se delica or something like that. i cant get a pic up from the dvd but maybe someone else can? maybe confirm what it is?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

No pics but the bad guy had a Spyderco in Chill Factor w/ Skeet Ulrich and Cuba Gooding Jr.
Surnia

Post by Surnia »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Check out the neck area, seems to be no enlarged adam's apple. I could be wrong though.
Hope I can post links...
http://lalaax.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d27cag8

That would be the cosplayer's deviantart page, and looking at the chest I'd say male >_>

his Baidu blog also says male on the profile.

To stay on topic:
To be honest I never noticed that Izaya used a Spyderco, its not a very prominent feature in the anime xD
noodlefish

Post by noodlefish »

Surnia wrote:I do believe its a guy....

Izaya's a male character as well
either way... s/he's cute! :o
ORANGE DODO NICEEEEEE

I listen to psychobilly, you should too!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Okay, I just re-read this whole thread and this one hasn't been posted yet.

In the sci-fi film "Imposter," Gary Sinise's character is about to be strapped to a table to have his heart cut out (there is supposed to be a bomb inside it). At the last minute, he makes a break for freedom and grabs an opened knife from a tray of surgical instruments and stabs one guard in the leg with it.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks to be a stainless Endura or Police model.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

While waiting for the movie 127 Hours to begin, one of the trailers I saw was for Sanctum. Lo and behold, one of the characters uses a partially serrated SS Delica. Even stranger, the knife looked like it was serving a useful purpose for a non-villain! Not too often you don't see them portrayed as weapons used exclusively by psycho killers. They lose points, however, for having the serrations ground down so much...
Attachments
SS Delica 1 Smaller.jpg
SS Delica 1 Smaller.jpg (89.01 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

One more screenshot of the character with the Delica tied to her jacket with a lanyard. Caution: Do not try this at home. Diving into the water with an open Spyderco near your jugular may be hazardous to your health!
Attachments
SS Delica 2 Smaller.jpg
SS Delica 2 Smaller.jpg (76.51 KiB) Viewed 9827 times
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

That's why they grind off the serrations and edge. Of course, odds are the one in the second shot is a rubber prop.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

great catch jabba! :)

is that denise richards teeth?

...inside that actresses mouth
:D :p ;)
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

HellHound wrote:Does a sighting in anime count?There is this on-going anime called Durarara! its japanese :) ok and one of the charectercs Izaya Orihara is using something similar to centofante 3,also i think I might have something to do with the cosplayer taking the knife up for a try. :) ImageImage Image
Thanks to you I've been watching that anime for the last 3 days and am on the edge of ordering that knife too :D
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

SnowCrash wrote:Thanks to you I've been watching that anime for the last 3 days and am on the edge of ordering that knife too :D
Do eeet! The Centofante 3 is a great knife.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

yowzer wrote:Do eeet! The Centofante 3 is a great knife.
I'm sure it's a great knife for a great price as an edc, but I'm curious as to why they'd pick that model of all the spydies out there for an offensive weapon for that character....the handle is slippery and without any real shape to keep your hand from sliding forward on the blade, and it just doesn't seem the type ideal for what he's using it for (shaving people's heads apparently)
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Actually, the one the animated character is using looks like a Starmate to me, but the Centofante 3 is a lot easier to find for the cosplay.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
SnowCrash

Post by SnowCrash »

One think I just discovered is that the centofante 3 also goes by the name of vesuvius? How weird is that?

Also, not sure if it's a starmate or centofante- they both seem fairly similar but I can't tell because the lock isn't really shown in the anime