How many in your knife collection?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many in your collection?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:51 pm

1-50
59%
50-100
13%
100-200
16%
200-300
4%
300+
8%

Total votes: 121

dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I have a little over 30, 21 spyderco folders and 6 spydie fixed blades. The folders get rotated in carry and use (mostly light), so I believe they'll never wear out. I'm pretty happy with what I have now.

Never thought I'd own this many knives...lolol

Charlie
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
P40_Warhawk

Post by P40_Warhawk »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Counting all my bladed things (collection if you want to call it that) a little over three thousand....Doc :D
Dr. Snubnose, You make me feel almost normal....
WOW!! I thought I was overzealous with my ownership of over 300. About 300 Spyderco and the rest a mix of good knives, and few absurdly expensive customs. I am not proud of the absurdly expensive statement. I love the knives but I clearly went overboard.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I "voted" for 100-200 but, to be completely honest, I don't know. I've got somewhere around 30 Spydies, a few each by Benchmade, Buck, and CRKT. And Queen, Case, and Victorinox. Maybe 60 custom knives. Two Striders and two from William Henry. They're in my closet, on my nightstand, in my nightstand, my sock drawer, my car, on the mantle, in my pockets, around my neck, in my wallet, and in my desk.
markg

Post by markg »

I plead the 5th...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I tend to move them on to other people as opposed to collecting them. I hate seeing a tool lay around and not get used. Right now i've got 2 Spydercos, a Berreta that my GF's father gave me, a Victorinox, an old fixed blade bowie knife thing that was my very first knife and an old Uncle Henry 3 blade knife that sits in a box. It takes a lot for me to get sentimental with a knife, or they at least have to be really functional for me to hold on to them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MCM

Post by MCM »

I was just curious.
Personally have been at it about 40 years.
(Since I was about 8. My grandfather used to give me a few from his collection) We have come a long way in design and materials!
Buy more than I sell. But do sell a few now and then to those in need. :D
Its fun making someone's collection completes with "their" personal grail.
I know others here do the same thing. Have never bought a knife to sell for a profit. But cant say it has never happened.
Fun thread.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

26 Spydies; 3 byrds.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

I'm at 242, all Spydercos. I'm trying to get more into use so since many are duplicates, I've pulled about 40 out and put them in my rather large EDC rotation. Have a couple Benchmade DeJavoo knives mainly because they are just like Spydercos with the hole in the blade.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

P40_Warhawk wrote:Dr. Snubnose, You make me feel almost normal....
WOW!! I thought I was overzealous with my ownership of over 300. About 300 Spyderco and the rest a mix of good knives, and few absurdly expensive customs. I am not proud of the absurdly expensive statement. I love the knives but I clearly went overboard.

Oh Warhawk..I know how that feels....I have about 40 Custom knives, Tomahawks and other Custom assorted goodies....Some of them I waited over two years to be made, others were my own design....a good majority of them cost me more than a good firearm :o ....It's hard my friend, to explain away the expense cept to say.....I had to have em!.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

i almost made it into that last group but not yet
Don't hurry. Sometimes I'm ashamed I am in that group when I realize how much money I have spent over the decades. Money that could have gone for other things.

I've seen a couple of people's families have to deal with collections of knives or guns after they passed. Naturally they got abused pretty badly. Estates have time frames and such, often include selling of houses, moving, etc. Having to deal with large boxes of stuff that takes up space and doesn't interest you is just a problem, not a gift or heirloom. Just more trouble for my executor and son to deal with.

I wouldn't feel as bad if I carried and used at least half of them, but I don't. There's a pool of about 20-30 that I use fairly regularly, and quite honestly get bored with most others after figuring them out, carrying them and realizing they aren't doing things as well as the enduras I've had in my hands for 20 years now.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

The poll stop is +300 and that's a good stop. What we really need is a new term for members having a separate knife for every day of a year. Only Kiwis are no must-have :D
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Peter1960 wrote:The poll stop is +300 and that's a good stop. What we really need is a new term for members having a separate knife for every day of a year. Only Kiwis are no must-have :D
Flock hasn't reached that point yet Peter, but I probably have one for every day of a season. :p :eek: :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Right now, less than 5 Spydies.

Total, less than 15.

I don't collect. I use. I have group of lean and mean knives, and all of them get used.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I have way too many to justify but not nearly enough to satisfy :D :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Donut

Post by Donut »

I think I'm in the 50-100 group.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
blackwell

Post by blackwell »

Right now i own 4 total, Bob Lum titanium and Fully serrated Delica 3 and 2 NIB Delica 3's for if i ever lose the one I currently edc. As you could probably tell I much prefer the Delica 3 over the Delica 4.
:spyder:C81GGY20CP2 Para 2 sprint - EDC
:spyder:C157GTIP Lionspy
cobra143

Post by cobra143 »

I have arround 165 Spydercos and maybe 30 or so other brands. Benchmade, microtech, buck, kershaw and butterfly knives.
After about 50 Spydercos, I made aspread sheet to keep track of them all. On the spread sheet I log date, seller, cc#, model, steel type, price and shipping cost. Also there is a formula that totals the price and shipping for each knife. You also are able to run a total cost on all knives. I have not done this in a while and probably do not want to know at this point.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I believe I have around 160+. it really has become an obsession :D
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!