Facebook...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Agent Starling

twitter

Post by Agent Starling »

not on either, but I do like twitter. Spyderco is on twitter and it's cool to get a tweet when they post about a new knife being released... ;) :spyder:

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Clawhammer wrote:I'm with Dr Snubnose.

I looked over a friend's shoulder while he logged on...the only 'people' we found were 'aquaintences' from school & old jobs we were happy never to talk to again. The ones we want to talk to have remained in our lives.

The relationships on these sites appear self-centred and 1 dimensional. These sites brainwash people into believing your worth is not in the quality of your friends but in their number.

Also, the information these sites require to register is far too intimate and personal for what a social networking site should require!!! Why do they NEED that amount of info?!? Who is keeping it secure????

The damage that can be done by a cyber-crim with a just birthdate, phone number, street address and some names of your friends to verify they know you over the phone.... is quite scary. And these sites 'require' far more than that to register!
I am with you. I have no use for any of this. I could care less if anyone from my past or high school ever contacted me. I just Don't care. To me it is a major waste of time.

My business will never appear on a social networking site, ever. We have a web site, and that is it.
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Not on it!...I think for me it's all about what you mentioned as the friends I haven't spoken to in all these years..I figure If I have not spoken to them in all these years why would I want to now!!!......Haven't been to spyderco's face book either....am I missing something here...or is not just an advertising for spyderco corp....I figure the forum rocks and I can contact anyone I want through this method.....Doc :) :D
Really, are we missing something by not being on Twitter?
This web site is where Spyderco needs to release prime information to it's customers, not Twitter!

Plus, I just hate all the names...Twitter, Facebook? good lord!

This is a beautiful web site, why do you need to duplicate everything on Twitter?

I agree with Dr.Subnose.
arnon

Post by arnon »

Toad310 wrote:Really,
Plus, I just hate all the names...Twitter, Facebook? good lord!
????? :confused: :confused:Why do you hate these names ?
I called my two kids Twitter and Facebook and we love it.
Arnon
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

arnon wrote:????? :confused: :confused:Why do you hate these names ?
I called my two kids Twitter and Facebook and we love it.
Arnon
Considering some of the monikers parents slap on their kids, not sure if you're kidding or not. Compared to Dweezil, Moon Unit and some of the more glaring examples of creative illiteracy we see today, those would be almost mainstream. ;) :D

On a more serious note, those considering using, or allowing their kids to use, social networking sites might find this worth reading. Might just find some worthwhile suggestions for keeping the experience as safe as possible.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I accidentally got onto Facebook last year when one of my friends had a baby and posted pics up on this Facebook thingamy. To view them I had to register. I let it lie for a fair while before people I knew started to pop up on it. Then Spyderco put up a Spydie page and a few of my Spydie friends also on there. Now I am on there a fair bit. Posting up thoughts, pics, and more recently videos of my shooting exploits etc. Fun but senseless :D

It seems social networking via online methods is the way things are heading. I also set up my company a page and have a profile of my own for the company etc. Will be marketing more and more this way soon.

MySpace....meh...
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
cyberspyder

Post by cyberspyder »

MAFIA WARS!!

I go on FB once a day....cheaper than calling :P
I BLEED TOXIC GREEN
:spyder: SPYDIE NUT
:spyder:

:spyder: Spyderco OG Manix PE
:spyder: Spyderco Black Dodo SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Black Paramilitary PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco SPOT PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco OG Blackhawk SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Ladybug/Photon *gone*
gac

Post by gac »

ozspyder wrote:Now I am on there a fair bit. Posting up thoughts, pics, and more recently videos of my shooting exploits etc. Fun but senseless
Links? Competition shooting or fun in the sun?

I just went to an IPSC match for the first time in over a year and saw a guy with a camera mount on his hat. I didn't get a chance to ask him about it.
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

What we mortals call 'competition' Dan calls 'fun in the sun' :)

Hows .357Sig coming along these days?...is allowed in 'Major' yet?
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Clawhammer wrote:What we mortals call 'competition' Dan calls 'fun in the sun' :)

Hows .357Sig coming along these days?...is allowed in 'Major' yet?
LOL,

Gac, I took up IPSC and have just competed in my 2nd match. I took out newbie grade and came about midway through the pack for the whole of Production Division.

Clawhammer, I haven't got into Standard or Open Div as yet. 357SIG counts as Major in Std Div. However I only intend to shoot 38 Super if I go that way. (Yes, stupid barrel length and calibre laws in Oz makes us :( :rolleyes: )

Anyways back on topic - Facebook is good - MySpace not so much - Twitter .... I was a Twit, but now I Twitter no more :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *