BOB TERZUOLA sPYDERCO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rkh

BOB TERZUOLA sPYDERCO

Post by rkh »

I just odered the Bob Terzuloa Spyderco Slipit from the Knifecenter. In there newsletter I got to day they said they i just got them. It should be here Thursday. Thought i let everyone know the Bob T model is out and in stock. Can't wait to see this model and had it sent 2 day UPS air.

RKH
Praxis

Post by Praxis »

Haven't seen the newsletter in my inbox yet, but I just had a strange feeling all day that I should check their site. Saw the Terzuola in stock, pulled the trigger, now patience. :p
4cweber

Post by 4cweber »

Thanks for the heads up. I just got my newletter email from knifecenter and ordered mine.
rkh

Post by rkh »

Patience is not one of my virtues that why I used 2nd day air. I could buy a lot more knives if I used standard shipping. I realkly like the Slipits.

RKH
Praxis

Post by Praxis »

Well UPS says they will deliver to my work tomorrow. If they do, I will post some innitial comments here.
rkh

Post by rkh »

Praxis, I am curious about the clip. Also, how well the Bob T slices. looking forward to your comments. I must add I seem to be only buying Spyderco knives now. They have the best designs and the word ergonomics seem to be what Spyderco is.

RKH
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I ordered mine about four days ago from Fenix Outfitters, should be here shortly.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

can't wait to see your pics guys ;) I am interested in this thing for sure! :D
Vic
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

it's next on my list I think, bumped the manix 2 actually. I'm really enjoying the slippies.

May have to trade or sell my captain away for it, as my funds allowance is LOW, but we'll see what happens.
Praxis

Post by Praxis »

Still waiting... UPS dropped it off at the loading dock at work this morning, but the internal mail folks are really slow today. :rolleyes: I really hope it shows up before the end of the day. :eek:
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Here is my question...is the SFO stocking them?
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I have a question whenever somebody actually gets one of these. Is the leather lanyard removable? Also, if it is, does it leave the protruding eyelet behind, or can that be removed as well?

I love the knife and plan on getting one, I'm just not sure that I care for the lanyard idea.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

The lanyard is removeable, the protruding eyelet is not. In theory you could grind it off, or make a new backspacer.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Tricod wrote:The lanyard is removeable, the protruding eyelet is not. In theory you could grind it off, or make a new backspacer.
Thanks for the response. I may have to try my hand at creating a backspacer when I pick this knife up. Or maybe I'll end up liking the lanyard more once I get my hands on it. Either way, looks like a great knife!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Praxis

Post by Praxis »

Okay finally received my Terzuola and have had a few minutes to play with it at home.

Fit and Finish:

I'm a big fan of the Starmate, but sadly have never owned one, so the Terzuola Slipit fills a certain hole in my collection. The knife arrived in excellent condition. Certainly shaving sharp out of the box. Well put together with no fit or finish issues. I love the twill carbon fiber. Great look and feel and quite different than the CF on the Caly 3 or Native 4. The carbon fiber backspacer is a nice feature and really helps pull the knife together visually. The integrated lanyard loop in the backspacer is a very interesting feature. The leather lanyard is small and doesn't really contribute anything, but it looks nice. I can see some people with larger hands replacing it with a larger lanyard in order to get more gripping surface. I have medium-sized hands and the Terzuola fits me just fine. The clip keeps the knife very secure in my pants pocket. Southpaws should have no problem switching it to the other side. Requires a Torx wrench, probably a 6 or 7, haven't checked yet.

Operation:

I've never handled a USPK or Urban so I can't compare the Terzuola to these knives. I was a little surprised by the stiff action, and had to remind myself that it was a slip-joint. You can definitely open the knife one-handed, but it takes some effort. The half-stop is very helpful and allows me to reposition my thumb slightly in order to open the blade fully. The ball bearing detant feels very secure and I have no concerns about the knife closing or opening accidentally. The blade size is great and should be perfect for general tasks around the office and house.

Overall:

I'm very happy with the Terzuola so far and look forward to taking it to the office tomorrow. Should be a sheeple friendly knife with a stylish look.
rkh

Post by rkh »

Thank you for the nice review Praxis. Let me know if it is a good slicer. Do you think it is a good slicer. I am partial to nice thin blades that slice and cut cleanly. Thanks for the input and i am looking forward to mine. Should be here tomorrow.

RKH
Praxis

Post by Praxis »

RKH,

I think the Terzuola should make for a good general purpose slicer. It may not be as good a thin, flat-ground blade for slicing, but I think it will do the job just fine. The blade definitely has a retro look to it and reminds me of Spyderco styling in the late 90s and early 2000s.
rkh

Post by rkh »

Thanks Praxis. I like thin slicer a lot although a thicker edge works well in a variety of situations. If it is thicker than I like I will send it to Tom Krein for a reground. He did wonders with a Small Sebenza. A Tom Krein edge make you understand what a thin sharp edge can do. And it is much easier to sharpen. BTW, I had an Bob T model that Spydercio came out with in the early nineties. Well made linerlick and the first that Spyderco made but the edge was much too thick to be very efficient at slicing and cutting for me. And tough to sharpen because of the thick edge. But it was the beginning of collabrations between custom knifemakers and factory makers. it was a very well made knife.

RKH
rkh

Post by rkh »

I know I am posting a few weeks later from my original post but I wanted to carry the Bob T for a while. The knife is very well made with excellent fit and finish. Blade is perfectly centered and the open and close action is very smooth even though it uses the Slipit technology. I have read of some gritty or rough action but mine is very smooth and no roughness. Blade is very sharp and is a good cutter and slicer. Nice trade off between thickness of blade versus thinness to make a good cutter. The Carbon Fiber is very nice maybe even beautiful and it is very light.The clip works flawlessly and is quite low profile. I may replace the lanyard with braided paracord as the thin leather may not hold up over time. This is a very fine knife and Spyderco needs to be congratulated on a excellent knife designed by one of the greats in the knife industry Bob Terzuola. Great work Spyderco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RKH
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

Congrats! always good to read of a happy reception! :)
I've been watching those too and may well pull the trigger on one also.
G2
"The Road to **** is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Psalm 1