Something for the slipjoint fans

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jujigatame

Something for the slipjoint fans

Post by jujigatame »

Picked this one up the other day - Schatt & Morgan File & Wire C.B. Morgan Special Gunstock (man, that's a mouthful :) ). ATS 34 blade, nickel silver bolsters, grooved goldenroot bone handles. Quite hefty and solid for its size. A keeper for sure.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
~ Nate
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

lovely stuff,realy like the blade,and the overall classic styling look..superb..
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Great taste in folders. Those File & Wire knives are fantastic and Schatt & Morgan is my favorite manufacturer of traditional slip joints.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Very nice :cool: :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

What a great knife, I love a nice slip joint, and you got the Rolls Royce of slippies :)
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
Manix Guy 2

Nice

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

I am a Schatt & Morgan fan also ; my favorites are the large lockback , Mountain Man trapper and a Stag Muskrat . Edges from factory not quite up to my standards but easy fix . Wonderful knives , makes me want a custom Britton . Regards MG2
drf

Post by drf »

I have that same S&M Gun stock and it is a great knife. I love to carry it in the bottom of my pocket as a second knife. The fit and finish on it is amazing, I just wish it came as sharp from the factory as my spydies.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Very nice, looks classy and handy, enjoy it.
What I particularily like is the "tantorized" tip of the blade, a thing you don't see too oftenly at this kind of knives.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

dialex wrote:What I particularily like is the "tantorized" tip of the blade, a thing you don't see too oftenly at this kind of knives.
The blade is somewhat similar to the Lum tanto in that regard. The grind near the tip isn't quite convex like the Lum but it is thicker than on the rest of the blade. Not much fear of snapping the tip off this one. :)
~ Nate