Spyderco CLB Trance replacement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Abouna

Spyderco CLB Trance replacement

Post by Abouna »

OK, I'm looking for an EDC folder again. I bought my brother a Trance foir Xmas and I have to say I love the knife. It's beefy, VERY easy one handed, great build, thin and good price.

Thaat said, it's just a bit too big for my EDC. I could handle the length (though stock it's a bit long) if it weren't so wide. Just too big for my pockets.

Anyone have a suggestion of a Spyderco that might be similar?
araneae

Post by araneae »

Look at a Dragonfly. Not really similar, but a great little knife.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

How about CLB Lava?! That's a great knife for EDC, smaller than trance, and also designed by Chad, who is deep in the SD 'science'.
I've got both, Trance and Lava. The Lava is of higher quality, though it's price's higher than the trance.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

tenacious
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
vivi

Post by vivi »

If you find a trance too wide I'd suggest looking at the Delica 4 (ZDP189 version if you like steels with excellent edge holding) or Caly 3 line.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

WHOA...

This thread title threw me off a bit! :confused:

Abouna, thank you. I will echo the Dragonfly...the Delica 4 is thicker than the Trance, and the Tenacious is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY thicker/wider.

Another good one is the Cricket, and if non-clip carry is okay with you, I highly recommend a Kiwi. ;)

God bless and mahalo RazorSharp86 :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I would love to see another CLB design with Spyderco with the nice round hole and a good Back Lock. Woohoo! God I hope it happens, Chad. That would rock.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

David Lowry wrote:I would love to see another CLB design with Spyderco with the nice round hole and a good Back Lock. Woohoo! God I hope it happens, Chad. That would rock.
Yo bro,

Yeah...that WOULD rock David...we'll see. ;)

God bless you and yours always! :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Abouna

Post by Abouna »

DAYWALKER wrote:WHOA...

This thread title threw me off a bit! :confused:

Abouna, thank you. I will echo the Dragonfly...the Delica 4 is thicker than the Trance, and the Tenacious is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY thicker/wider.

Another good one is the Cricket, and if non-clip carry is okay with you, I highly recommend a Kiwi. ;)

God bless and mahalo RazorSharp86 :cool:
Chad,

Thanks for chiming in.

To be truthful, though I'm a Spyderco fan, I don't currently own any. I'm a very practical knife user and don't to keep any that I don't use regularly. I've just not found a Spyderco that I've really liked enough to hold onto.

The Trance however, regardless of it being a bit too big for my EDC, will most likely be my next purchase. It's just too hard to pass up. The ergonomics alone are fantastic.

Keep up the good work. I also hope to see some kind of CLB work coming out of Spyderco soon.

PS- Your PM box is full.
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

David Lowry wrote:I would love to see another CLB design with Spyderco with the nice round hole and a good Back Lock. Woohoo! God I hope it happens, Chad. That would rock.
I agree!
Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly