Wireclips

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
poorbadger

Wireclips

Post by poorbadger »

I really really like the deep pocket wireclip on my Caly III
Which Spydercos have wireclips or are easily converted? Caly III, UK Pen Knife, P'kal, Assist, D'Allara, Native III, T-Mag, ???

Next knive shapes that appeals to me - P'Kal & Civillian. A little bigger, not necessarily something carried all the time, something w/ a wire clip (I like how it stays out of the way in the hand & rides in the pocket).

Advice, criticism, comments?

Thanks
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

The now discontinued Dodo had an excellent wire clip; it stayed put in the pocket and had very minimal side to side wobble.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I love my wire clip knives. In particular the Native III and Caly 3 gets my thumbs up. I really like the low rider style of wire clip as it conceals the knife that little bit more.

Wire clips also offer great retention with the ability for good release as well.

More low riding wire clips please :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
gt_mule

Post by gt_mule »

Another fan of the low-riding wire clips. I wish they were all heat treated like the caly 3.
poorbadger

Post by poorbadger »

gt_mule wrote:Another fan of the low-riding wire clips. I wish they were all heat treated like the caly 3.
Indeed, the heat treating gives it a nice patina that heps it blend in very well. I seem to notice alot of regular clips but I like to think not alot of people notice my heat treated wireclip :)

I don't carry it with me often but if you're going to carry (I at least) don't want to draw attention to it.
pazzo

Post by pazzo »

i LOVE my Caly 3 wire clip!! that's why it's my EDC...
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

My EDC is a CF Caly 3. I love the wire clip since it keeps the knife deep in the pocket. I want to carry my T-Mag but it sits to high. I thought about the Caly 3 clip and discovered it would be an easy swap. I bought several extras from Spyderco and will do the swap on my T-Mag and Native.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I love the wire clip - in fact, I would love it to be on all my Spydies. I like the way it sits in my pocket, and I love the way it looks. I find myself edc'ing knives that have the wire clip because I find they sit well, they are unobtrusive and they are sturdy. I particularly like the ones on the Caly 3 and the UKPK.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I prefer a clip that can be removed easily without leaving anything but screw holes. As for your question, you can add the Poliwog to your list of wire clip equipped knives.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
El Tigre

Post by El Tigre »

I dislike wire clip. I hate te low riding clip on my caly3, and I changed this clip for a more high riding clip of my Poliwog. I need to find another polliwog clip.
I like wire clip on my Native 3, but I ever prefer high riding solid clip (Manix, police, civilian, Paramilitary, etc)
Each to his own.
Greetings
"El Tigre"
Folding knives can be classified in two large groups: Spydercos and the rest!

Please be patient, I dont speak english properly.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Deep pocket wire clips are great :)
poorbadger wrote:... Which Spydercos have wireclips or are easily converted? Caly III, UK Pen Knife, P'kal, Assist, D'Allara, Native III, T-Mag, ???...
The Deacon wrote:...you can add the Poliwog to your list of wire clip equipped knives.
Plus Meerkat, Q and S.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
swingshot

Post by swingshot »

poorbadger wrote: Next knive shapes that appeals to me - P'Kal & Civillian....

I'm not entirely sure if you're making a statement about these models or if you're asking a question about them?
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

I like the wire clip on my p'kal. I think I like the position of carry better even better. When it is worn in the front of the pocket, right in the pelvic, thigh crease, my clips no longer get dinged and knocked loose from edc. Wire clips seem to be a little less radiant, but do not try in NYC. I would go clipless like Deacon. :D
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I hate wire clips,so far the UK pen knife and Caly 3 are the only knives I have liked well enough to buy with the wire clip.I wish they could be designed so the clips could be exchanged.
While I am fussing I will say the UK and Caly3 meed lanyard holes! :rolleyes:
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
poorbadger

Post by poorbadger »

I guess a statement and an implicit question thrown in. I like the wireclips and I'm looking for a larger knife than the Caly III - those two shapes are good examples of what I'm looking for. The P'kal comes w/ a wire clip, the Civillian doesn't. Wondering which other spydercos that fit that profile might come w/ wireclips or whether someone does mods to fit wireclips to something like the civillian.

Thanks!
swingshot wrote:I'm not entirely sure if you're making a statement about these models or if you're asking a question about them?
swingshot

Post by swingshot »

poorbadger wrote:. Wondering which other spydercos that fit that profile might come w/ wireclips or whether someone does mods to fit wireclips to something like the civillian.

Thanks!

A thought occured to me, but i'm not sure if it's possible: Can the wire clip assembly used on the Native 3 and D'allara be used on the Matriarch?
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

:d :d :d :d
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
bladese97

Welcome

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: Hey Poorbadger, and Welcome to Spyderforums :cool: The wire clip is my favorite clip(using torx or barrel bolts/either one), and I plan some time to get my Ti-Atr Clipitized by STR :eek: As for your next desired 'bite', I strongly sugjest the P'kal; The way it is carried, in reverse grip is Awesome; It carries just as well in my back pocket, with no deployment issues at all, besides that fact that if you need the P'kal for what it was intended, then carrying it in your back pocket is not wise for from behind suprise attacks, or in floor situations(meaning, being pinned to the floor horizontaly) :spyder: But, there are others, such as the Dodo that is in 'disco' land, so...a must have. Hope this helps, and please let us know what Spyder you chose :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!