Latest Custom Spyderco.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
cavemans shop

Latest Custom Spyderco.

Post by cavemans shop »

Hello all. I have been off the air for awhile. Staying busy in the shop. I wanted to post a picture or two of my latest knife. Spyderco Endura, with Silver overlay, and Southwest scene. Hand engraved in a western bright cut style. The pocket clip has a turqouise stone set on it. I would like to hear feed back, good or bad.
Mike Pardue
http://www.parduesilversmith.com
Attachments
custom clip 2.JPG
custom clip 2.JPG (24.14 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
rattler.JPG
rattler.JPG (25.73 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

cavemans shop wrote:Hello all. I have been off the air for awhile. Staying busy in the shop. I wanted to post a picture or two of my latest knife. Spyderco Endura, with Silver overlay, and Southwest scene. Hand engraved in a western bright cut style. The pocket clip has a turqouise stone set on it. I would like to hear feed back, good or bad.
Mike Pardue
http://www.parduesilversmith.com
The engraving...lovely! :) The turquoise stone? I think the clip would look better w/out, IMO.

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i have to agree with agent starling on the stone. the engraving is quite nice though.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
giant1

Post by giant1 »

I agree with Agent Starling and Tony. The engraving is very nice but the clip just does not work.

...Not that I am an expert or anything :o
:spyder: Collector 118
What goes around, comes around
haxxor

Post by haxxor »

I like the clip. It would let a bit of custom work show while clipped to a pocket, and the clip side would be kinda plain without it.
cavemans shop

Post by cavemans shop »

Thanks for the input everyone. I like the clips fixed up on some knives. I dont think I would add stones to just any knife, but with the southwest deal, I thought this would work. And it does make for an unusual piece. Thanks for the input.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Very nice engraving! The clip is neat. I'd have to try it to know if I liked it.
What do you use to blacken your backgrounds? I've always wondered this.
- best wishes, Jazz.
cavemans shop

Post by cavemans shop »

Jazz
Hello, thanks for the comments. I use vigor black out to blacked the engraving. Lots of guys use flat black paint, I am going to try it and see what happens. Thanks for the comments
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Thanks. Where would I get Vigor Black Out? Also, what kind of paint would you use, and how permanent are these two things? I ask because I carve pendants and some are metal. They just don't look complete without black backgrounds. Thank you extremely much for your advice!
And... after looking at the pictures again, the clip totally goes with the knife's engraving. Very nice. It grows on you.

- best wishes, Jazz.
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

cavemans shop, very nice work.
It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
cavemans shop

Post by cavemans shop »

Jazz
You can get the black ground from any jewelry supply house. I use Indian Jewelers. There are several thigs a guy can use. If your engraving Sterling, liver of sulfer works well. The rust o leum flat black paint is used by lots of guys. It stays on good. I have it on a knife I have carried for over a year, its still black. Rio Grande is a good source for patinas. I hope that helps, a really great resource is, http://www.igraver.com lots of great info there.

Ouch, thanks for the comments, .
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Ay Mike....I love the clip with the stone, classy idea!...The engraving, though well executed just doesn't do it for me...I thinks it's a little too busy with images...I think the knife would have looked a whole lot better with just the cobra engraved on it....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Again, thank you for the invaluable information! Very kind of you, cavemans shop. Keep up the excellent work and sharing pictures of it. :cool:

- best wishes, Jazz.