Knife-Borrowing NKP's are a Trip!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Delica_Nut

Post by Delica_Nut »

Just say "NO".

Can I barrow a pen? "NO".

Can I barrow a Dollar? "NO".

Can I barrow your car? "NO".

There is no excuse for not being equipted in the USA, when we have everything under the sun at W-Mart. Heck, you can even buy a Kidney in this country if you have the $$$. Some people deserve to fail and or die. Makes more room for the rest of us who are doing it right.
Spydies are sharp enough to cut the fabric of Space and Time

:spyder:
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I just started carrying something that didn't matter the condition it came back in. Either something so overbuilt that they can't kill it, or something cheap enough that they can replace when it gets killed. Was a mora at my last job (not bad for a $5 knife and a lot safer than an olfa). Usually have a slipjoint tossed in my pocket at work, but picked up another delica this week now that I'm upstairs.

Considering that I know what the sucker can be put through, and the worst that should be done to it upstairs will be cutting through RG-6 coax (and I know it'll go through quad shield coax and 14/3 cords with no problem).

Who knows, might have to pick up another LM to leave in my drawer at work (now that I finally have one) for a lender, prevent ppl from using the knife as a screwdriver.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Slick

Post by Slick »

Quote:// The funny thing is that these non-knife carrying mooches are the same idiots that like to run their thumbs over our surgically sharp Spydies to "test" the sharpness of our fine blades. Because we all know that slicing your thumb down to the bone is a great way to find out that a quality knife actually is sharp... Morons!

My take:// I personally take pity on the ignorant masses but if someone needs to borrow a knife and is warned SPECIFIALLY... A pox on THEIR body parts.

I just write it off as a learnining experience FOR THEM and I point to be made.

Knives... mmm'n good...
Not really all that slick ;)
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

vampyrewolf wrote:Usually have a slipjoint tossed in my pocket at work, but picked up another delica this week now that I'm upstairs.
And yet you can't manage to get a money order in the mail or respond to my PM's.
Carson
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

doubleclaw wrote:What kind of jackass borrows somebody else's knife to perform surgery on machinery when the proper tool could be had for the asking?

And...

What kind of grown man leaves the house without a pocket knife?
You're right, you do know the answers to those questions.
What would have been funny was if you had coached your wife to confront him with those questions later on in the evening. I'd love to see video of the guy squirming under her "innocent" ego-destroying queries... :D

Perhaps it's not too late...
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
doubleclaw

Post by doubleclaw »

peacefuljeffrey wrote:You're right, you do know the answers to those questions.
What would have been funny was if you had coached your wife to confront him with those questions later on in the evening. I'd love to see video of the guy squirming under her "innocent" ego-destroying queries... :D

Perhaps it's not too late...
Not to worry on that account, my friend...my wife is knife people, and she gave the guy the third degree after I left: "You mean to tell me that you were going to use somebody's knife as a SCREWDRIVER? WTF were you thinking?" For this very reason she says that she never lends out her FRN Caly Jr., because "You never know what some morons will do with your knife." She rocks... :cool:
"Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without."
-Havamal, Verse 38
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I gave up letting anyone other than my wife use my knives. I'll just do the cutting for them. The same goes for tools. My poor Leatherman Wave has been pounded with, the pliers tip was used as a screwdriver - mangling the tip somewhat, and it was given back with a bent sawblade - closed, so I
wouldn't notice. Not cool - not nice. :mad:
P.S. Your wife sounds cool, Doubleclaw.