Heck of a deal at Gander Mtn.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DRod

Heck of a deal at Gander Mtn.

Post by DRod »

Went to Gander Mtn. today to pick up a Father's Day gift. I got him a brown Case Peanut. Bout thirty bucks. They FINALLY started carrying the Endura 4 and Delica 4 versions. They also had stainless Natives and a few Dragonflies... That surprised me alot. But what I saw stacked in boxes on the counter for five bucks each is what got me. Its a "Fusion" brand folder. Now, I a firm believer in you get what you pay for but, the amount of knife per price for this one really, REALLY surprised me. OK, lets start. Its G-10 (really), a liner lock, FULL steel liners and spacer, fully screwed construction and fully adjustable pivot. It even came with its own tool to tighten or loosen the pivot. That alone siked me out. Now, I cannot say what steel it is, and its not exactly razor, and the fit is a little off, but it has ZERO blade play and is extremely comfortable in hand. Its made in China. But so are Byrds and they are worth every bit of their money. Its handle is the same length as an Endura, though the blade is slightly shorter. In my mind, this THE perfect beater knife. I am seriously considering going back and picking up a few more to pass out to the guys at work.

Im taking pics.

EDIT: Gottem.

For FIVE BUCKS, I am hella impressed.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha THE_INCREDIBLE_

True, Byrds are made in China, but it doesn't mean that the Fusion Knives you discovered are made from the same factory. Kinda like the local food here...it's all made in Hilo, but certain places make the same dish better because of the ingredients that go into it. ;)

PLEASE be careful with those. The local here has some China types, and some of my co-workers carry them...not the Fusion brand, but the liner lock style looks the same as theirs. Some of these can easily close with pressure by hand on the blade spine. :eek: Like...the amount of pressure used to close a slip joint.

Hope these Fusion ones are better than those, and not trying to burst your bubble, just want you to be aware and safe. OBTW, congrats on the Case!!!

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DRod

Post by DRod »

Yeah. I gave it a few good spine whacks on my shoe while at the store and it held fast.
The China bit was more addressing the "China, pshh* crowd.
Im please with my five buck purchase.
Im sure my dad will enjoy the Case I got him. Its not one of their higher fancy ones though. Its brown and brass and has an machined finish on the blade. Its a Peanut if I haven't already said. I only have one Case personally and its not even as sharp as this Peanut. I like it, might have to get myself one. Goes in the mail with a card tomarrow. :)
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey again,

Well, still...be careful dude. ;)

Yeah, I love Case Knives. I been looking at one called the Seahorse IIRC, and they have a Copperlock Wharnie...
Hope your father has a great Bday, and God bless :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DRod

Post by DRod »

Im always weary of liner lock, but yeah, Ill pay a litle more attention to them.
I have a blue bone russ lock case and its worn itself to beauty. :)
Its Fathers Day, not his Bday. lol. I made him a CD of Rodrigo y Gabriela for his Bday. Spanish guitar music mostly. Great group. Hes Mexican. Im half... so yeah.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

THE_INCREDIBLE_ wrote:Im always weary of liner lock, but yeah, Ill pay a litle more attention to them.
I have a blue bone russ lock case and its worn itself to beauty. :)
Its Fathers Day, not his Bday. lol. I made him a CD of Rodrigo y Gabriela for his Bday. Spanish guitar music mostly. Great group. Hes Mexican. Im half... so yeah.
D'Oh!!! :o Sorry about that!

God bless and take care :cool:

para-force

Post by para-force »

Watch your fingers bro!
Let's leave it at that, I would save it for light duty stuff.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

THE_INCREDIBLE_ wrote:For FIVE BUCKS, I am hella impressed.
stop saying "hella" cartman! :D

nice find for $5. let us know how it holds up to real use.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
DRod

Post by DRod »

"Gotta hall pass brah?"
lol.
Im taking it to work tonight. Probably going to cut some hydraulic hoses and maybe a few pallet bands and some boxes. I need to get another tool box to leave it in though. :) Start my new/old job again tonight. Haven't ran a diecast machine in over two years.