BG-42: more?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mr.vu

BG-42: more?

Post by mr.vu »

How do you guys like BG-42? I would like to see more Spyercos with BG-42. :D

Vu
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

i'm with you on this one. maybe on the forum knife? :rolleyes:
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Andre V

Post by Andre V »

My BG millie is holding up great. I would also like to see some BG used in future models
"So many knives, so little pockets"
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

BG-42 and peel-ply CF would be awesome in a Para Military. Too bad it takes so long to heat treat.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I would not care one way or the other if it were used in a brand new model, that would be available in BG-42 only. On the other hand I find the idea of yet another version of an existing knife using yet another plain grey steel exceptionally unattractive.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

BG-42 & Peel Ply Carbon Fiber ParaMilitary would be great.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I've been stating for awhile now I'd like to see more BG42. It's a very clean, fine grained steel for one with all that Vanadium & molybendum in it. It takes a wicked edge and sharpens easily. I was sharpening another, non spyderco where the BG42 was RC'ed at 62 and it felt more like VG10 than S30V on my DMT's. My Millie hasn't needed sharpening yet. I love the stuff. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
JD Spydo

Just another great selection

Post by JD Spydo »

I think that BG-42 is a proven and reliable blade steel. That's just another thing that makes Spyderco so great is their vast selection of different but premium blade steels. Whereas one of the main competition is reducing the blade steels they are making available while Spyderco is just making their selection not only wider but a selection of nothing but premium blade steels.

With a knife performance and durability are the bottom line with me as with several others. When you are pretty and functional that is just a "win-win" deal for all of us knife aficionados. I wouldn't even mind if BG-42 became a mainstay with some models. :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Is the Military the only :spyder: using BG-42? Also, does anyone know the original MSRP of the CF Military BG-42?
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

J32A2 wrote:Is the Military the only :spyder: using BG-42? Also, does anyone know the original MSRP of the CF Military BG-42?
Yes so far.
I think I saw somewhere that the MSRP was $279.95

christopher

Post by christopher »

I'm with Harry White. I'd love it if the Forum Knife this year was BG-42. And any model would be exciting, but the Para Millie would be an all time great IMHO.

Chris :) :) :)