What is the single best spyderco configuration you own?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hobbyist

Re: What is the single best spyderco configuration you own?

Post by hobbyist »

SchoonerBum wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:05 pm
Outdoor - Aqua Salt PE (H1)

Work - Atlantic Salt PE LC200N

Around Town - Salt 2 PE LC200N

Most Striking - DLT Exclusive 20CV Endura in Ladybug Zome with black-coated hardware and blade

Fanciest - Siren in CF/S90v
That salt 2 PE lc200n is my second choice!
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

REX45 Para3 or 15v pm2 or magnacut native salt or 4v manix 2 or cruwear dragonfly or xhp shaman or spydie chef. And on and on and on! I love them all. But I like the red and dlc & Avocado line. Micarta is great too. I give up. I can’t answer this question.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Spyderco makes a lot of beautiful knives.

I cannot afford to buy a hundred knives a year since retiring so I just buy what I think are decent self defense knives.

My best 2 knives, that I will never sell are ..... I cannot say until I buy more copies for backup! :winking-tongue

If I published that info and folks went out and bought all of them up I'd be very bummed out. Keep the thread going for another month, and I'll tell you what I bought! I'll have both of these Spydercos within 30 to 60 days!!!!

:smlling-eyes
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Plain Edge, Stonewash S30V, Contoured smooth black G-10, Stonewash hardware...

The base model Shaman.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Without changing anything it's a toss-up between the S90V Fluted CF Native 5 and Fluted Ti-Mil.

With customization, I guess it's my Stretch 2 XL Cruwear with UniGold fatcarbon :open-grin

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

I am sure there is no singular answer for me. There are too many excellent favorites.
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

The plain edge leafjumper has been my favorite carry as of late.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Enactive wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:25 pm
I am sure there is no singular answer for me. There are too many excellent favorites.
Ditto ⬆️
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

My favorite is the SE Para 3. I swapped the black scales for the dark blue G10. Lynch clip. Glow Rhino lanyard plug and Flytanium backspacer.

This knife feels solid in hand. It rides low but doesn't take up too much pocket space. I can find it in the dark. Highly fidgetable.

The serrations cut phenomenally and the fine point is great for picking out splinters.

I have the S45VN blade but wonder if the BD1N blade would be better for me a/k/a easier to sharpen and just as corrosion resistant?
- Richard
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Single best?

Ha! My mind can't handle the thought lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

It's the 20CV coated Endela with blue scales for me. The blade is from a DLT exclusive and the handle is from a K390 variant.
endela dlt zome 07.jpg
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I guess I'm just a bit biased because most of you who know me also know many of my favorite "old school" Spyders. A Sprint Run that came to fruition a couple of years ago is in my opinion the best combination of blade steels and handle materials. I'm speaking of the C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run with Cruwear blade steel. And not to mention that excellent gray, super grip G-10 handle.

Thanks to Brother Kleon I landed a user full SE version of the Cruwear Ayoob and it's already been the best EDC I've used up till now. And I've had some awesome Spyderco models for my main EDC but this Cruwear Ayoob is head and shoulders the best. I'm just hoping that Spyderco will deeply consider doing more batches of the Cruwear version of the C-60 Ayoob. The Cruwear blade steel is literally perfect for that awesome blade design in both PE & SE blades.

Also I still have extremely fond memories of my older G-10 Harpy that I lost to a thief. It was out of the ATS-55 blade steel era and the G-10 handle made that Harpy model about the best Spyderco Hawkbill I've ever owned.
chilibaby

Post by chilibaby »

It’s gonna sound like I’m honeymooning, but I truly love the Spymyto. The lockbar access isn’t great but I’ve fidgeted with it so much I’m getting pretty used to it and I love every thing about it other than that.

Nice chunky sharp af m398 blade.
hobbyist

Post by hobbyist »

mikey177 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:24 pm
It's the 20CV coated Endela with blue scales for me. The blade is from a DLT exclusive and the handle is from a K390 variant.
endela dlt zome 07.jpg
Oh man that one is a nice one. What were the original scales?
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

@hobbyist, it originally came with red/black zome scales, which I felt made the knife appear too dark.
endela dlt zome 03.jpg
Mat_ski

Post by Mat_ski »

It has to be smooth g10 cruwear native from blade hq (?). I prefer other spyders in my pocket (chap or k390 delica) but I do recognize it is basically a perfect configuration in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Like most here, I have to many to choose. Endura ZDP-189 gets the lion share of the work. Something about ZDP-189!
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Mat_ski wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:24 pm
It has to be smooth g10 cruwear native from blade hq (?). I prefer other spyders in my pocket (chap or k390 delica) but I do recognize it is basically a perfect configuration in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
I have to second this. I use my Endura more but the smooth G10 and the Native handle design is money. CPM Cruwear seals the deal. I just beat on my Endura so it gets the use.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Naperville wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:24 pm
My best 2 knives, that I will never sell are ..... I cannot say until I buy more copies for backup! :winking-tongue

If I published that info and folks went out and bought all of them up I'd be very bummed out. Keep the thread going for another month, and I'll tell you what I bought! I'll have both of these Spydercos within 30 to 60 days!!!!

Can I guess? Variants of the Native Chief, perhaps?? Are you waiting for the Magna NC, as I am?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Fastidiotus

Post by Fastidiotus »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:06 am
the Caribbean really works for me . MG2
^This x2. Criminally underrated knife in the line up. I don't even need the salt rated aspect of it. I'd still fanboy for the design if it was just S30v and black g10.