Native Chief Titanium Scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eventhorizon

Re: Native Chief Titanium Scales

Post by eventhorizon »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:40 am
eventhorizon wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:10 pm
...or maybe we can just have a regular production Chief with titanium handle straight away? Sal? :cheap-sunglasses
I'll buy a couple. Not that that should make managerial decision a YES, but I like the idea. Make it plain TI, maybe charcoal colored...tumbled looking.

Absolutely. I love the plain TI on the SpydieChef, I'll take that over fluted etc. any day.
Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind LC200N either... a totally rust proof Chief, how great would that be?
notorious fidgeteer
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

eventhorizon wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:06 am
Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:40 am
eventhorizon wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:10 pm
...or maybe we can just have a regular production Chief with titanium handle straight away? Sal? :cheap-sunglasses
I'll buy a couple. Not that that should make managerial decision a YES, but I like the idea. Make it plain TI, maybe charcoal colored...tumbled looking.
Absolutely. I love the plain TI on the SpydieChef, I'll take that over fluted etc. any day.
Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind LC200N either... a totally rust proof Chief, how great would that be?
I think Magnacut would be a better choice. LC200N and Magnacut are both good for wet environments and Magnacut may be better in other areas too.

MAGNACUT EVERYTHING! :party-face
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:52 pm
There's a Czech maker that does for sure micarta. I need to find his name back, maybe he did do some Ti scales too. I'll either edit this if it goes fast, or post again in 1 month :')

edit : found it, goes by Mydlinka TM on facebook. I know for sure he did these since the owner told me, he paid 100€ for those and it's good work.

I just ordered some blue G10 scales from this person, and he said he does them in Micarta or G10. Cost shipped to the US is around $120.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

gunmike1 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:42 am
I just ordered some blue G10 scales from this person, and he said he does them in Micarta or G10. Cost shipped to the US is around $120.
Thanks for the info, it's pretty good pricing for something not widely available. I might hit him up for some micarta during the summer ! Rex45 gets slippy when you're sweaty :rofl
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
eventhorizon

Post by eventhorizon »

Ramonade wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:39 pm
gunmike1 wrote:
Thanks for the info, it's pretty good pricing for something not widely available. I might hit him up for some micarta during the summer ! Rex45 gets slippy when you're sweaty :rofl

You're supposed to grip the knife by the handle, not the blade... sheesh, frenchmen :smirk
notorious fidgeteer
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

eventhorizon wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:13 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:39 pm
gunmike1 wrote:
You're supposed to grip the knife by the handle, not the blade... sheesh, frenchmen :smirk
:squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue I"ll try to remember, us frenchmen often repeat the same mistakes (insert politic joke here) !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kobold

Post by kobold »

I asked Brody Bolanos from HiPolyDesigns, he might start offering Chief scales in the future (3d printed, not Ti!). He is currently working on the UKPK. Might be interesting for those who don't have FB.
Last edited by kobold on Fri May 17, 2024 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
kobold

Post by kobold »

duplicate
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10