Emphasis Upgrade?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toomanyquestions

Emphasis Upgrade?

Post by toomanyquestions »

Is there anyone else out there who would love to see the Emphasis in a slightly better steel - perhaps CTS BD1 or s35vn (like the Tenacious). The blade shape reminds me of the Chief (and boy, is that a nice shape!), but at a much more budget friendly price.
Coastal

Re: Emphasis Upgrade?

Post by Coastal »

I might be interested. I've never noticed the resemblance to the Chief; it always reminded me of the Sliverax. I like Spyderco's budget liner locks a lot, so yeah, an upgraded Emphasis would be nice. Honestly, I've considered buying the existing version since I have no issue with 8Cr. How 'bout M4, now that it's entered the budget mix?
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Honestly I’d rather have 8Cr and a budget price. The S35VN Tenacious LW is almost as expensive as a Native Chief LW.

8Cr is a usable steel. I’ve had an Ambitious and a Tenacious for over a decade and I find them to be very serviceable knives.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Higher end Spyderco linerlock folders?
A thing I'll generally always support.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

This is the knife that infected me with the Spyderco virus. I gave mine away after lots of use and hope the person I gave it to found it as useful. I recently re-purchased one due to being sentimental. It's still a great knife. Before there being higher end steels, I'd rather see it go on a weight loss program. It's substantially heavier than it's Tenacious brethren.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bemo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:16 pm
.... It's substantially heavier than it's Tenacious brethren.

:O Thanks for pointing this out, did not know... man, even heavier than the non skeletonized S30V Manix (5.2 vs 4.9 oz)...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Serrated edge upgrade? Probably not happening.
toomanyquestions

Post by toomanyquestions »

Wow -- 5.2 oz! I second the weight loss comment; I suppose one could shave some of that off with a drill press and some good bits (drill out those liners!).

Perhaps I am better off saving for a Chief ;).
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'd love it, but especially for the Efficient. After getting the Efficient I wanted to try the emphasis. I like the longer blade but the knife itself isn't as good to carry or use IME
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds