Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Skywalker wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:51 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:47 pm
Image Thought I would jump in , hate to see Brian expressing himself all alone ! :smlling-eyes Dan
I just ordered my first Endela (one of the discontinued wharncliffes), but this pic and your and Salty's other Cruwear Endela pics in the Endela gallery thread are making me wish I had started a while ago with this version!
It’s a great knife and a way to checkout CruWear at a significant lower price . Don’t feel bad I missed the Delica, and hope the next DLT exclusive will be the Endura . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

The Endela just might be the closest thing to a perfect knife!!! Congrats on a great choice 👊
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:29 pm
The Endela just might be the closest thing to a perfect knife!!! Congrats on a great choice 👊
I’m hoping we will see a Endela Salt version , one reason holding out getting the N5 . A release may be farther away than the Manix2 Salt since the prototype is a reality. Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:23 am
SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:29 pm
I’m hoping we will see a Endela Salt version , one reason holding out getting the N5 . A release may be farther away than the Manix2 Salt since the prototype is a reality. Dan
Oh I’d love a Salty Endela 🙏
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Well I alway enjoy looking at the images people create, but seldom see a Spyder that is no like a Safe Queen, how about some images of you EDC s that show age marks?

Well take photo later and post.
akapennypincher

akapennypincher wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:02 am
Well I alway enjoy looking at the images people create, but seldom see a Spyder that is no like a Safe Queen, how about some images of you EDC s that show age marks?

Attachments
IMG_5293.jpeg
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

akapennypincher wrote:

They're around, but it takes some careful camera work to make the patina look gracefully aged and good enough for this thread instead of looking like what the cat dragged in.

Here's my beater hap40 Delica in the daily pocket thread...even having sharpened the chips out of the blade and taken the rust spots off I'm not showing that scratched-up, crooked lamination, stained handle, perfect daily carry tool in this artsy thread. :winking-tongue

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60127&p=1739503#p1739503
MNOSD #0051
"An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
kohagen

Post by kohagen »

akapennypincher wrote:

Your welcome to post any photo you want, but the title and the focus of this particular thread is the quality of the photo (and the discussion that follows at times) we love a good photo, doesn't matter if it's a daily carry, safe queen or the rare and magnificent safe king that pops it's head out. We try and fail a lot in our photo taking and choosing, since it's all for bragging rights for about 10 minutes after the winner is announced each week, then we go back to how do I create another great image with a Spyderco in it.
Brian
akapennypincher

Well I have no Safe Queen Knives, I buy to use. I don’t buy limited editions, or short runs. If I did I would deprive collector the chance to limited edition.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Many of the ones i post are used. But i must say it is hard for a phone camera to see the use on blades.
For example my yojimbo or my original green Manix have many scratches from use and sharpening but they just do not come up to the surface in a picture. Same as in you’re picture by the way if the paint on you’re clip wouldn’t have faded that knife could also be looked at as new. :neutral
TABA68

Post by TABA68 »

After work.
Attachments
IMG_1377 Large.jpeg
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

akapennypincher wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:33 am
Well I have no Safe Queen Knives, I buy to use. I don’t buy limited editions, or short runs. If I did I would deprive collector the chance to limited edition.
this thread has nothing to do with safe queens. if you want to see knives in use, there's a different thread for that, although we sometimes see them here as well. no need to bring negative energy here though. post a picture or don't, but don't criticize those that do.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

The first thing I like to do with my knives is drop them on asphalt soon after I purchase as a rite of passage. I then hold them with both hands and bless them before cutting loose strings off my clothes. After that, they go straight to my personal sock drawer never to see harmful UV light again. Before I came to this place of enlightenment, I would buy exclusives (forget the collectors) and expensive models and scrape caulk off bathroom floors, cut away trim, and even pick food out of my teeth with them. I no longer subscribe to that madness.

Safe queens or not who cares. My markings don't show up on most photos either. And I do tend to drop my knives on asphalt.🤷
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Fharing45

Post by Fharing45 »

ImageA trusted friend
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

JSumm wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:01 pm

The first thing I like to do with my knives is drop them on asphalt soon after I purchase as a rite of passage. I then hold them with both hands and bless them before cutting loose strings off my clothes. After that, they go straight to my personal sock drawer never to see harmful UV light again. Before I came to this place of enlightenment, I would buy exclusives (forget the collectors) and expensive models and scrape caulk off bathroom floors, cut away trim, and even pick food out of my teeth with them. I no longer subscribe to that madness.

Safe queens or not who cares. My markings don't show up on most photos either. And I do tend to drop my knives on asphalt.🤷
🤣👏👊
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Fharing45 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:03 pm
ImageA trusted friend
Cool pic 👍
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I couldn’t help myself! I cut bricks with this one. Image
MRj “Weak things break!”
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:01 pm

I tried your Zorro routine and was a complete failure ! I didn’t have the right moves . Dan :smlling-eyes
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Mrj wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:19 pm
I couldn’t help myself! I cut bricks with this one. Image
Hey man, only safe queens are allowed here 🤣