Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ngati Pom

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Post by Ngati Pom »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:33 pm
Ngati Pom wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:52 pm
The ARK is also fine, the edge needs a freshen up.But…
I ordered the serrated version and received the plain edge. :eye-roll
The only reason I added it to my order was I figured it was the only way to get a spyderedge ARK after the model was discontinued.
Sorry about the negativity I’m just a little disappointed. :-||
I'd be disappointed too. Have you tried contacting the SFO to see if they can help you?
I haven’t as I’m so far away I’m unsure what they could do? By the time postage is factored in I would be out of pocket and on a second it doesn’t seem worthwhile.
I may drop them a line just for feedback though. It may prevent it happening to someone else in the future…
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
Studiousworkman

Post by Studiousworkman »

I venture to say all of the seconds sold out via the Spyderco website? I wonder if they will post any more for sale? I checked the last two days to no avail. I can't believe I missed this! :sleeping Next year is not far away... :bug-white-red
Optimus Cultro

Post by Optimus Cultro »

Ngati Pom wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 pm
I also ordered the serrated ark and got a plain edge too. I’m not real happy. I too only ordered the SE because it’s discontinued. The plain edge ark second sans sheath was not a particularly good deal at $63 when you can get a new one with sheath for under $83. I tried to contact customer service via their website but on three different devices and internet connections it seemed not to work.
[/quote

Did your receipt say SpyderEdge too?
Customer service are difficult to pin down, I believe there are only one or two people in the dept.
I doubt there is anything they would do unfortunately, due to their second’s sale policy.
Both the email confirmation and the invoice I’m the box said SE.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Call the outlet sore directly, it is option one when you call. They handle all issues with the seconds sale, and there were a lot. I would assume they will make it right.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Could it be SE Arks that were given the wrong edge ?
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

So my factory seconds finally arrived to the NL. Unfortunately I received Warpy Mcwarpface 🫣

After a re-profile it will still make for a good usable knife 😉

:bug-red-white 37 Spydies and counting :winking-tongue
:bug-red-white 17 different steels and counting :winking-tongue

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Ramonade wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:26 am
Made me laugh on this one. The Ark SE received a PE so now its a second. :winking-tongue
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:24 am
So my factory seconds finally arrived to the NL. Unfortunately I received Warpy Mcwarpface 🫣

I got one just like that last November. Still sharp and slicey!
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I got my last mystery box today. Very happy with it pm2 teal s90v dlc and a zome green glow in the dark Delica. Both are exclusives, both still had their price stickers still attached. $163 total. I wish they would have done this from the start.

Now the bad. This box was supposed to be shipped two weeks ago. My order was shorted. I immediately called and a very nice employee apologized and said he would give the warehouse manager the information. He took my phone number and implied someone would get back to me. I was not worried that Spyderco would not make it right and they did. The issue was zero communication on their part. I called 3 or 4 times over a nine day period trying to find out the status. No e-mails no phone calls back. After the last phone call another very nice employee said my order was being processed and he would give me a call the next day. No phone call. The only communication I got was when a UPS shipping notification showed up in my inbox. I have done thousands of dollars of business with them. I know how great a company they are. But what about first time customers. Do they trust that two weeks after their initial order the knives will show up? Spyderco can do better.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:40 am
Ramonade wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:26 am
Made me laugh on this one. The Ark SE received a PE so now its a second. :winking-tongue
I've wanted to write this since the first cases of SE Arks being PE. After some time I could not contain it anymore ! :rofl
olditguy wrote:
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:24 am

I got one just like that last November. Still sharp and slicey!
Same ! But being used to Maxamet I wasn't surprised, I have a "1st" Maxamet N5 that has a similar warp and I paid full price. They still get sharp, as you said :cheap-sunglasses :cheap-sunglasses
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
vivi

Post by vivi »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:01 pm
I got my last mystery box today. Very happy with it pm2 teal s90v dlc and a zome green glow in the dark Delica. Both are exclusives, both still had their price stickers still attached. $163 total. I wish they would have done this from the start.

Now the bad. This box was supposed to be shipped two weeks ago. My order was shorted. I immediately called and a very nice employee apologized and said he would give the warehouse manager the information. He took my phone number and implied someone would get back to me. I was not worried that Spyderco would not make it right and they did. The issue was zero communication on their part. I called 3 or 4 times over a nine day period trying to find out the status. No e-mails no phone calls back. After the last phone call another very nice employee said my order was being processed and he would give me a call the next day. No phone call. The only communication I got was when a UPS shipping notification showed up in my inbox. I have done thousands of dollars of business with them. I know how great a company they are. But what about first time customers. Do they trust that two weeks after their initial order the knives will show up? Spyderco can do better.
Apparently someone that worked with seconds sales recently left the Spyderco team, so things may be a bit rougher than usual until the new hire gets up to speed.
:unicorn
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

Both the email confirmation and the invoice I’m the box said SE.
Mine too, strange.
Could it be SE Arks that were given the wrong edge ? :smiling-cheeks
It did have a single nick in the blade edge maybe a minimalist SpyderEdge? ;)
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
polyhexamet

Post by polyhexamet »

i received my Mysterybox today.
The journey to this day is was really exciting - it’s like a lottery, but with winning at least something.

This something is also what i feel i received -

a Lavaflow PM2 in M4 from SMKW i think
and a Bow River

i’ve almost no use for fixed Blades and the little need i do have is covered by several Mules.

i was very excited for folding knives, new Models, new steels
in my collection are already PM2s and also M4 Knives - ok to be honest the Bowrivers 8Cr is new to the bunch - but meh

Considering i payed $270,- after shipping and taxes i’m not the happiest of campers
but thill I was greatly entertained during the sale and while waiting.

maybe i’ve more luck next year
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear polyhexamet:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I got that box among the 4 boxes I bought. The lowest value box I received, however the one knife I really wanted. I did a blade swap with the s90v pm2 I got and now have the perfect pm2 for me. I love the scales. The only thing I dislike about the pm2 is G-10.
polyhexamet

Post by polyhexamet »

Stay safe,

Mike
Hi Mike, thank you for welcome me, i’m actually a resident, my login just got lost!
been here for many years :winking-tongue
bitten by a spyderco back in 2004

kind regards, Julian
polyhexamet

Post by polyhexamet »

I got that box among the 4 boxes I bought. The lowest value box I received, however the one knife I really wanted. I did a blade swap with the s90v pm2 I got and now have the perfect pm2 for me. I love the scales. The only thing I dislike about the pm2 is G-10
i was trying to score a big box for 250,- since a lot of knives already were sold out - but the 3knives box was gone when i were lucky to login 😅
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

polyhexamet wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:57 pm

Stay safe,

Mike
Hi Mike, thank you for welcome me, i’m actually a resident, my login just got lost!
been here for many years :winking-tongue
bitten by a spyderco back in 2004

kind regards, Julian
Hi, Julian:
If you'd like to private message me the details of your original account, I can probably get you back into it. ;)

Welcome back!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

Wow! I finally got my factory second today. It took so long sitting at some port on LA for some reason lol. Blade just has a nick above the spydie hole. I don’t remember vivi having a nick on his

I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

They all have that nick.