Linerless Manix 2???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sparty569

Re: Linerless Manix 2

Post by sparty569 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:46 pm
sparty569 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:37 pm
Everyone, this is super embarrassing, and I am a huge dummy. This has never happened to me before

There is a liner. But it came up so cleanly with the scale that I thought it was all once piece.

https://imgchest.com/p/na7kv6xk48d

The first pic shows it all.

Thanks for everyone jumping in tho. I cant believe I did that.

Glad for you that everything turned out to be fine!

And I think the fact that the S30V Manix liners are not skeletonized (while as far as I know the liners of all the other G10 versions are) can be deceiving indeed (one is used to see that holes in the liners, which the S30V Manixs don´t have though).
That's the exact reason! Which is why it was embarassing. I've disassembled so many knives that I should have known better.

The fit and finish is so good that made them move together as opposed to independently.

They'll be coming apart soon, when I get my TeroTuf scales. Cant wait for those.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

apollo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:49 am
So i can only say this...
Its the most terrible idea someone has ever posted on this forum it would destroy not only one of the most epic models ever made from spyderco it would also spit on its history! So stay off the liners and buy LW's!! :squinting-tongue

Ha ha! OK! Retracted!
Back to FRCP for me!

Accutron wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:55 am
Seems like a no-brainer for Spyderco to produce an extra thin linerless titanium Manix...

Dare I say, I like this idea too?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:48 am
apollo wrote:
Its the most terrible idea someone has ever posted on this forum it would destroy not only one of the most epic models ever made from spyderco it would also spit on its history! So stay off the liners and buy LW's!! :squinting-tongue

Ha ha! OK! Retracted!
Back to FRCP for me!

Accutron wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:55 am
Seems like a no-brainer for Spyderco to produce an extra thin linerless titanium Manix...

Dare I say, I like this idea too?
No you do not need to keep the frcp just trow those plastic scales in a drawer and put some custom g10 ones on there. :winking-tongue
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

apollo wrote:
Bolster wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:29 pm
I like the idea of a linerless Manix 2 !!
I tought you would say that... :smirk
☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I think this linerless Manix 2 is not only the best Manix, but is the best knife Spyderco has made.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:43 am

I think this linerless Manix 2 is not only the best Manix, but is the best knife Spyderco has made.

I would say "I like it lots and always wanted that linerless Manix" but I don't think I'm allowed.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:56 am
Doc Dan wrote:

I would say "I like it lots and always wanted that linerless Manix" but I don't think I'm allowed.
😂😂😂

I have one.

Trust me, it is not wimpy.

Excellent working Manix 2 for messy jobs.

But apollo is the King of the Manix, so…
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:24 pm
C101MBGP2 Is a back lock version. You implied it had a ball cage in your first post?
The thread’s title leads to a different inference and ought to be edited so as not to get hopes up…
-Marc (pocketing a JD Smith sprint today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
apollo

Post by apollo »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:56 am
Doc Dan wrote:

If you find one you can get one. :winking-tongue But a fun fact i rather have another LW above that linerless lockback one. :squinting-tongue
Its the promise that was broken spydie for me. Still makes me boil inside everytime that one pops up. :fearful-face :squinting-tongue
gooeytek

Post by gooeytek »

Bolster wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:29 pm
I like the idea of a linerless Manix 2 !!
apollo

Post by apollo »

jwbnyc wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 am

But apollo is the King of the Manix, so…
I just seen you're reaction and i can only thank you for the honors... :smirk :squinting-tongue

Still need and want to buy one this year. Need to have number 26. But i am hoping Sal comes around with something sprinty like an XL with forest green handles and some carbon steel to continue the trend of 15v or rex45 both i like very much :grin-smiling-eyes
Doc Dan

Re: Linerless Manix 2???

Post by Doc Dan »

What we NEED is a Manix 2 XL LW.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:33 am

We do.

If built like the "regular" Manix 2 LW (Vivi would say the Mini-Manix ;) ) a Manix 2 XL LW would be an instant buy for me.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
apollo

Post by apollo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:33 am
Aint going to happen the way you guys want it. Eric himself said at the amsterdam meet LW linerless knives have a maximum length and with.
From the moment you pass that max measurement the knife becomes unreliable . The XL handle is way to much property to handle for the material unless they put full liners in there. That is why you will also never here a thing said over a military lw for example its just not possible with current tech.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Doc Dan wrote:

I'm with you Dan! By far my favorite Manix. I'm amazed these weren't popular.
I chamfered the edges on mine and it is super comfortable for hard use and Hella stout!
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Cycletroll wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:44 am
Doc Dan wrote:

I'm with you Dan! By far my favorite Manix. I'm amazed these weren't popular.
I chamfered the edges on mine and it is super comfortable for hard use and Hella stout!
Yep, this is a great knife. I wish I had bought two at the time. I keep hoping we will see an XL like this.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050