Lil' Native Wharncliffe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bemo

Re: Lil' Native Wharncliffe

Post by Bemo »

+1
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
DavidNM

Post by DavidNM »

I have owned both the backlock and compression lock Lil'Native. I still own the backlock and sold off the compression lock one. The backlock version is much easier to use!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

DavidNM wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:29 am
I have owned both the backlock and compression lock Lil'Native. I still own the backlock and sold off the compression lock one. The backlock version is much easier to use!
Yep, no Backlock no care here
benja-man

Post by benja-man »

KnifeCenter and KnivesShipFree still have stock.

Thought I'd make my first post a useful one. Hi all from Germany :)
cjk

Post by cjk »

I now have one and it's super cool. It has already traded its black scales for a set of forest green G-10 scales off of the somewhat recent Knifejoker exclusive.

I was looking forward to this model with much anticipation. I'm actually quite tickled with it.
I'm not a big fan of the normal lil native.

Here's hoping a wharncliffe Para 3 comes to fruition some day. A Native 5 wharnie too.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

cjk wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:36 pm
I now have one and it's super cool. It has already traded its black scales for a set of forest green G-10 scales off of the somewhat recent Knifejoker exclusive.

I was looking forward to this model with much anticipation. I'm actually quite tickled with it.

Here's hoping a wharncliffe Para 3 comes to fruition some day. A Native 5 wharnie too.
I also picked one up and it's a great knife. I'm hoping Kniejoker comes out with a blackened cruwear version with those great green scales. But I couldn't help putting this lil Native next to it's N5 big brother and dream of a wharnie blade. So I like you're thinking CJK! Excellent idea.
cjk

Post by cjk »

Bemo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:01 pm
cjk wrote:

I also picked one up and it's a great knife. I'm hoping Kniejoker comes out with a blackened cruwear version with those great green scales. But I couldn't help putting this lil Native next to it's N5 big brother and dream of a wharnie blade. So I like you're thinking CJK! Excellent idea.
I am totally up for a 15V variant. :crossed-fingers :crossed-fingers
I have this idea in my head that small knives with steels with super high edge retention are a good idea, even moreso than on larger knives.

Cruwear would be AOK too.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

IF this were a linerless back lock and also there were a linerless slip joint I would be a happy camper.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
pedalmore

Post by pedalmore »

****, I love this knife. The Lil' Native was already one of my favorite knives, and this really refines the design. While the blade always seemed a little thicker than necessary on the original, it feels right with a Wharncliffe, which traditionally uses thicker stock. One of the original's biggest flaws, that the heel of the blade bumps your finger on closing, is gone. I do wish the blade still followed the contours of the handle in the little cut-out above the pivot when closed, but that's picking at nits. This is a little brute of a work-knife that fits in the spaces where I tend to need it. It's like the ultimate utility blade, or a really nice Cold Steel Tuff Lite.
cjk

Post by cjk »

cjk wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:18 pm
Bemo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:01 pm
cjk wrote:

I am totally up for a 15V variant. :crossed-fingers :crossed-fingers
I have this idea in my head that small knives with steels with super high edge retention are a good idea, even moreso than on larger knives.

Cruwear would be AOK too.
Hey me, a S90V carbon fiber variant would also be a winner! :thinking
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

cjk wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:55 pm

I am totally up for a 15V variant.
Hey me, a S90V carbon fiber variant would also be a winner! :thinking
Both of these please...
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I would like to see that finger mountain shaved down flush. the kick is enough to stop the finger from sliding onto the blade.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:37 am
I would like to see that finger mountain shaved down flush. the kick is enough to stop the finger from sliding onto the blade.
It does seem to be smaller on the Lil Native than most other Spydercos, like the Native 5 for example.

I’ve ground them off with an old sharpening stone, so I think it would be pretty easy to do on these.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

This is one of the only small knives I’m interested in at the moment, so I also hope there’ll be some material variations of this Wharncliffe and the other Lil’ Natives.

15V or Rex45, Spy27, and a Salt steel would be what I’m looking for because I already have a small S30V wharncliffe in the form of Delica.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

As previously stated, needs Back lock + wire clip (like a dragonfly)
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

prndltech wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 pm
I would buy this version even though I have the comp lock already.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

prndltech wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 pm
Yes, this knife cries out for a back lock. Maybe we will get a light weight wharnie version.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

It was in the last SpyderBite. Wharnclife blade with low top fits best in compresion lock handle, thats why its not backlock.