Massad Ayoob II Model Maybe?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: Massad Ayoob II Model Maybe?

Post by JD Spydo »

ovgcguy wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:11 pm
Blacked out Ayoob Salt in serrated Magnacut would be perfection
That sounds very enticing. I'm willing to bet that the Ayoob C-60 Design would do extremely well with "Magnacut" blade steel. I do hope at some point there will be a SALT Series version of the C-60 Ayoob.

I can think of at least 3 dozen jobs you could do with a corrosion free, SALT version of the C-60 Ayoob.

Great suggestions thus far. I do hope that Spyderco is watching this thread. I really wonder if they are aware of how loved this C-60 model has become. And in both edge types as well.
Ballex

Post by Ballex »

Ayoob Lite:

-Same exact shape
- FRN scales no liners
- LC200 steel

Leave it on the boat with fish guts worries free because it’s a darn good fishing knife!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I think less is more.

Unless Ayoob just has a new design just waiting to erupt and change knife design and use I'd say no. A tweak of a good but not that special knife design would be just that.

I think the second model was enough. Unless there is something we haven't seen yet.

I have a drawer full of knives that carry and cut at least as good as my Ayoob. I like mine and am going to keep it but in all honesty it's not a better knife than the Endura, Stretch and Endela I routinely carry daily.

Joe
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

The Mastiff wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:54 am
I think less is more.

Unless Ayoob just has a new design just waiting to erupt and change knife design and use I'd say no. A tweak of a good but not that special knife design would be just that.

I think the second model was enough. Unless there is something we haven't seen yet.

I have a drawer full of knives that carry and cut at least as good as my Ayoob. I like mine and am going to keep it but in all honesty it's not a better knife than the Endura, Stretch and Endela I routinely carry daily.

Joe
I found this to be true as well
benben

Post by benben »

The Mastiff wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:54 am
I think less is more.

Joe
Both of my Ayoob's including this new SE sprint doesn't come close to cracking the top five of Spyderco's I own, but....I feel very fortunate to own both of mine and they're not going anywhere anytime soon!