Which Delica 4, is the right Delica?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prndltech

Re: Which Delica 4, is the right Delica?

Post by prndltech »

Any delica, is a good delica.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
elena86

Post by elena86 »

This one packs tremendous cutting power, it's linerless and rustproof. What more do you want ?!

Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Is this a trick question? There is no right answer here because it comes down to personal preference. I several Delicas and there is no one favorite. I do like the wharncliffe versions but also like the standard blade with a little belly. As far as steels...as Sal's said...."there all good, just different".
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sethwm

Post by sethwm »

Ok since we're showing family photos here:

That's two franken salts (swapped TiCN blades with yellow handles), an LC200N salt, cruwear, m390 with dyed scales, 20cv, k390, and m4. Probably gonna end up selling the m4 but at one point or another, each of these has had significant pocket time.

Here's a closeup of the frankensalts:

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Or you might simply get the base model in corrosion resistant VG10 and really use it. It comes FFG and that’s the hands down sliciest grind that exists. The Delica takes it to another level with side by side teats with other blades. The base model is a bargain for the performance you will get. It will carve wood like an Opinel with far better choices of steel and a superior build and design. It is such an iconic version of the quintessential pocketknife that in the end I bet you won’t stop at one. Mine are used daily in the urban environs as well as multiple times a week in wilderness.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The Delica is a superb knife and my favorite 3 inch bladed folder. You will like it, no doubt about it. Instead of M4 I'd get K390. If you want stainless, the 20CV is pretty good. However, I also have S30V and VG-10. I like both.

The Native 5, as good as it is, doesn't fit my hand, at all. It is uncomfortable. The Delica is like that well worn leather recliner that my back side loves so much. It just fits.

Now, if it is color that is attracting you, get the one you want. You will not be disappointed. Those in the know smirk and use a Delica.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Another vote for the wharnie.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”