BladeHQ Exclusive Lum Tanto

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brock O Lee

Re: BladeHQ Exclusive Lum Tanto

Post by Brock O Lee »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:54 am
...petrified snot scales...
Yeah that's accurate! :squinting-tongue

Beautiful mod! 👍
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Matus

Post by Matus »

This looks super cool and IMO also looks nice (though those colors are most likely post-processed). I am a bit surprised by the steel choice - I kinda naively expected that once a Lum Tanto comes out again it would be in tool steel, but there is nothing wrong with M390. The price is high though. I would love to get one, let's see.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

That's a hard pass at $290 plus tax for a G10 liner lock
jdw

Post by jdw »

I like it but after taxes it will be well north of $300 for me. I like it enough to consider getting one but at this rate I kind of wonder when I will be priced out of the market?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I’m assuming there will be an uncoated version? I don’t want to take a gamble and wait for nothing though.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I want one as a collectors piece. But not sure it's in the budget. I want 3 of the BBB Manix :winking-tongue
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
rgc

Post by rgc »

Nice, but, I will spend my money on the new Stretch XL in Cru-wear over this one.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Hate when knives drop at the same time and looking forward to others.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Can’t wait! Hopefully it is obtainable……
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Nice knife,, price? Im still on the fence
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

If I was living in the USA, i'd certainly still buy it even with the pretty high price.
However, I can't add more than $100USD on top of that !

I wish to everyone that has been wanting a Lum Tanto for a while to get one !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Nice knife but I'm not spending that type of money on something that's not lefty friendly.
brancron

Post by brancron »

T.J. wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:40 pm
Nice knife but I'm not spending that type of money on something that's not lefty friendly.
Now I want an ambidextrous lightweight backlock Lum Tanto!
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

SpyderGrill wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:35 pm
Nice knife,, price? Im still on the fence
The price is in the picture. $290
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I like it a lot with Tanto M390 but at $317.50 with sales tax it's too much for a Liner Lock folder with G-10 & M390 steel.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

I always wondered why couldn't clip holes be drilled on the main side, seems like a missed opportunity, especially at the price. Easy pass for a leftie.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Would like one, but just got a Shaman. Who knows, maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy it. When does, I spent my knife budget and should hold off kick in?😉
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Just thinking that a Tanto M390 DLC Military would maybe cost slightly less than this. I agree that prices are generally not as good as they used to be, especially if you're outside of the US, but would we view the likely price of that knife as too much for a G10 Linerlock?
I feel like most comments would be "I prefer the original shape" or "I'm so glad this is finally being made". Anything regarding price would probably be a comment on the overall rising prices rather than specific to the model, and we do see a few like that in this thread, but I'm just pointlessly speculating.

This is very similar to the Military, so consider an addition to the grinding process because of the Tanto's compound bevels as well as a DLC coating, which the latter always implies like $10 extra, and some leeway for factory differences/ transport of materials/ etc. Closest comparison is the s110v Military at around $245. The The DLC tanto s30v PM2 costs ~10% more than the standard satin clip point s30v PM2; so very roughly $270 for a s110v DLC tanto Military compared to $290 here.

With all the talk of the value Japanese Spydercos offer now, I'm sure we are just hyper-focused on them.
Excuse me for bringing up a conversation that I'm sure some of us are a bit tired of. Im not really sure what point I'm making.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

That is a solid argument @Cl1ff.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The current Spyderco Military S30V DLC Blade with G-10 and Liner Lock is seriously overpriced at $231.00. Part of the reason Spyderco is going with a Military2 & Compression Lock is to lower the price. A Spyderco ParaMilitary2 S45VN DLC Blade with G-10 and Compression Lock is “only” $185.50!

By the way, DLC coating adds about $14 to the street price of the Military and ParaMilitary2. TiCN coating for Japanese models adds about $10.85 to the street price.

Anyway, the Lum Tanto M390 TiCN Blade with G-10 and Liner Lock is $289.95 which is still $58.95 more than the aforementioned and overpriced Military.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln