OLIGHT flashlight fans: Recall Notice

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JRinFL

OLIGHT flashlight fans: Recall Notice

Post by JRinFL »

https://www.olightstore.com/article.htm ... 2846782467

"Although the M2R Pro and Warrior Mini have always been well loved, these models may be turned on inadvertently and overheat while stored in a holster or a consumer's pocket, posing a burn hazard. Olight is now voluntarily recalling these products in the United States in cooperation with CPSC.

Hereby, we are calling you:

If you own one of these recalled flashlights, please immediately stop using it and contact Olight for store credit, or a replacement flashlight, or a full refund.

Olight will cover all shipping costs."

I just did two forms for mine, Warrior M2R Pro OD & Warrior Mini DT. :neutral
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Naperville

Re: OLIGHT flashlight fans: Recall Notice

Post by Naperville »

Ohhhh... I like that light too.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

This is exactly why I bought the new Warrior 3, because the issue was fixed. My buddy had a M2R and the way it worked was the magnet on the back for charging, if you had something magnetic in your pocket it could turn on the light in turbo mode. He was at work at had a 5/16” impact bit in his pocket with a magnet in the head of it, and didn’t notice his light was on until his pants literally started smoking because they were on fire. He got second degree burns to his leg. Bad stuff.
Josh
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks for info , I passed it on to a friend who recently purchased an Olight . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

murphjd25 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:13 pm
This is exactly why I bought the new Warrior 3, because the issue was fixed. My buddy had a M2R and the way it worked was the magnet on the back for charging, if you had something magnetic in your pocket it could turn on the light in turbo mode. He was at work at had a 5/16” impact bit in his pocket with a magnet in the head of it, and didn’t notice his light was on until his pants literally started smoking because they were on fire. He got second degree burns to his leg. Bad stuff.
Thanks for that info!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

It’s unfortunate that it happened, but it is limited to those two models only and they recalled them all without being forced to do so. They are still on my OK to buy list.

Murphjd25, sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully he is healing well.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Thanks guys, he’s doing well. He sent the burnt up melted light into them and they replaced it with a newer version, so it’s good to see they stand behind there stuff.
Josh
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Has anyone tried filling out the online form to get a replacement. I ask because I did, and kept getting a message saying the serial number I was entering was incorrect.

M2R Pro Warrior SN.jpg

Tried entering it as 06523, SN06523, O6523, and SNO6523 without success. Then tried sending my request to the email address they provided in the recall email, and got a canned "we're very busy right now" message.

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind. Tried again, they changed the instruction for filling in the serial number, seems like I was ignoring the period between the letters and numbers. SN.06523 worked. Frankly, I didn't see it before.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Mine failed the failed the first time as well. Tech support chat had me add the . between the SN and the number. Glad to see they fixed the page to add that tidbit.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001