How often do you wear blue jeans?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

Every day
46%
Every work day
4%
Every weekend day
4%
Once or twice a week
19%
Hardly ever
12%
Never
15%

Total votes: 52

vivi

Post by vivi »

Looking at the thread about a folding Ronin, I was looking at the photo of the yojimbo 1, thinking to myself how strange it was designing a knife color around a certain type of pants.

So it made me curious how often people at this forum wear those certain kinds of pants.

As for myself, I don't believe I own a pair of blue jeans. There may be a pair buried somewhere in the back of my closet.

I do have one pair of black jeans that I never wear.

When it comes to pants I tend to wear either truspec 24/7's or running pants.

The truspecs, compared to jeans, are lighter, more comfortable, have over twice the pockets of standard jeans, the main pockets are deeper, they are much more water resistant and they've been more durable for me.

Running pants are a whole different world of comfort vs jeans, and obviously work better for any athletic endeavour.

Couldn't imagine going back to regular jeans. Limited cargo space, stiff and uncomfortable, takes ages to dry out if they get wet etc.

What about you?
:unicorn
JRinFL

Re: How often do you wear blue jeans?

Post by JRinFL »

I used to wear jeans everyday, but now in the heat and humidity I wear Truspec 24/7 shorts just about everyday. I don't even have a clip visible, so I guess I'm really not the market they were aiming at. Back when I wore jeans daily, I would have preferred a color that blended in better.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Never. For work I mainly wear Wrangler rip-stop pants, and at home I wear either those or 5.11. Recently I bought a couple pairs of 1620 work pants that I really like so far. Time will tell if they become my favorites.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Up until 2.5 years ago, I wore dress pants Mon. through Fri. and jeans/shorts on the weekends. Presently, I’m wearing jeans seven days per week. (My new office job has a very relaxed dress code. Jeans can’t be full of holes or anything crazy, otherwise they are good to go). In summer months, I wear Prana’s OG Stretch Zion shorts. Very comfortable and durable.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

I usually wear Wrangler rip-stop cargo pants. Either the full pants or the short ones. They work better and are more comfortable for me than blue jeans. And they have more pockets. I used to wear blue jeans until around the late 2000’s.

Jim
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I wear jeans pretty much 6 days a week (as well as steel toe boots). I could wear a uniform at work, but I like jeans.

That said...the minute I get home, or anytime I'm at home, I wear sweats or athletic shorts. I want to be comfy at home.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

During the cooler months I wear jeans pretty much every day. During the warm months I wear cargo shorts almost every day

So I chose every day in the poll but that's really only for 5 months out of 12
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I used to wear jeans all the time but I don’t anymore since I work from home
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I wear a uniform for work, so carharts duck pants during the week and jeans on the weekends. I prefer wranglers.
Josh
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

For the past few decades, in the cooler months, I have worn jeans. During the warmer days and all Summer I wear khaki shorts.

I'm looking to get into something other than jeans though. Probably some tactical LA Police Gear or other pants soon. I want to be able to carry my phone and more knives comfortably. Maybe 2 - 4 inch Spyderco Nightstick fixed blades(one at 2 O'Clock inside the waistband, and one at 5 O'Clock horizontal on the belt), a Spyderco Native Chief in my pocket, flashlight and cellphone.

Anyway, that's the plan, and I'm sticking to it!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Jeans every day until the summer heat gets unbearable, and then if I’m fishing or just outside a lot I’ll wear some kind of lightweight pants. Mostly Kuhl or Duluth brands. That’s also when I trade in my boots for flip flops.

I find jeans to be the most relaxing. They actually aren’t as comfortable as the other, lighter weight pants, but for some reason they are more relaxing to me. I think it’s a mental thing.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Duluth 40 Grit carpenter pants or Levi 501's for work. The 40 grits were on sale for $26 after Christmas.
I've tried Lee jeans but split every pair within 1-2 years of use. Really poor quality imho.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I haven't worn blue jeans in over a decade, though I used to wear them often in school and on weekends when I was starting my career.

Also, I never knew the background regarding the scale color of the Ronin 1. Thanks for that historical tidbit.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Slightly technical dress trousers for work.

Tweed breeches at weekends (except when I’m wearing dressy rinse denim jeans).
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

In a month or so it will be 13 years I've been retired. During that time I'd estimate I could count the number of days I've worn something other than jeans on one hand.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
vivi

Post by vivi »

mikey177 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:16 am
I haven't worn blue jeans in over a decade, though I used to wear them often in school and on weekends when I was starting my career.

Also, I never knew the background regarding the scale color of the Ronin 1. Thanks for that historical tidbit.
I remember reading that's why they ran knives in smurf blue in the early 2000's. They did the dodo that way too. Color didn't turn out quite how they expected IIRC.

Been interesting watching the poll numbers. Every day and never were tied at 3 a piece early on which surprised me.
:unicorn
olywa

Post by olywa »

I work from home so jeans 60% and 5.11 or LA Police Gear pants 40%. In the warm months I wear cargo shorts about 75% of the time. Life is good.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Off days, I wear a uniform the other 5.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I wear them most of the time, typically various Wrangler models or various Aramark brands (they're one of the few places I can get a 27" inseam. Been looking at some of the few brands that make them here in the US, but the boutique pricing is basically the only thing keeping me from doing so. At least most of my Wranglers are made in Mexico, instead of some country that it'll take me some time to find on a map. Feed store has some old stock Wranglers that are US-made, but what I found was too small; and even if they did fit, I'm sure they're dry-rotted by now. I know it's been like 20 years since Wrangler closed their last US sewing factory.

I occasionally wear LA Police Gear Operator pants as well, but coupled with my usual footwear of Haix British Army Surplus "High Liability" boots, I got weird looks as some people thought I was a cop. However, the insane amount of pockets for carrying tools and gear cannot be beat.

I found they have jeans (which also have an insane amount of pockets compared to carpenter models) as well, but the problem of my short 27" inseam comes into play. I can use the cinches in the legs to keep the Basic Operator from falling down around my ankles, but not these.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-jsf1001-t ... -jean.html
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I wear jeans daily. When I dry them I put a sheet or two of Bounce in the drier so they are nice and soft.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050