The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
soc_monki

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by soc_monki »

Arex Delta gen 2 L with Holosun 507k x2 optic. I LOVE this gun! Didn't even need to adjust the sight, it was hitting great from the first shot. Now to go order a few more mags... :winking-tongue
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nice!
I love Holosun. I have a 510c & a 3x magnifier on my Bren 2. And a new AEMS on the way for my 11" 805 Bren.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:58 pm
Nice!
I love Holosun. I have a 510c & a 3x magnifier on my Bren 2. And a new AEMS on the way for my 11" 805 Bren.
Sweet Bren! I have an HS403B on my AR...inexpensive, works great, and you have to love Shake Awake! I prefer reflex style optics, but for $120 you can't beat the old tubes! I could even live with just my irons (Scalarworks Peak), they are fantastic, but dots are just cool.

And that 507 on the pistol...it's seriously like cheating. I figured I'd give it a shot and it wouldn't be for me but I am a believer now.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Glad you like it man!
Dude, I just put an HBI trigger in this Bren 2 and it's just absolutely incredible. I now have about 40% less take up and she breaks CONSISTENTLY at 2.75 pounds!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Picked up this slightly used 92X at Home Depot yesterday...

92X right.JPG

...in their parking lot, that is. :winking-tongue Came with 3 15 and 3 10 round mags and 2 sets of grips.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

:hot-face
The Deacon wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:29 am

92X right.JPG

...in their parking lot, that is. :winking-tongue Came with 3 15 and 3 10 round mags and 2 sets of grips.
No 2x4s ? Nice catch Deacon !
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

soc_monki wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:44 am

Arex Delta gen 2 L with Holosun 507k x2 optic. I LOVE this gun! Didn't even need to adjust the sight, it was hitting great from the first shot. Now to go order a few more mags... :winking-tongue
Nice Arex , I have been looking at the steel frame Sig style for sometime since it has ambi features . I like the improvements made to the Delta . I have thought of buying the Gen 2 in the smaller version for the truck consol .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Deacon wrote:

92X right.JPG

Nice catch, Paul
Your a big Beretta guy but do you like 1911's?
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:20 pm
Glad you like it man!
Dude, I just put an HBI trigger in this Bren 2 and it's just absolutely incredible. I now have about 40% less take up and she breaks CONSISTENTLY at 2.75 pounds!
Very nice! Been considering doing a trigger on my AR, not that mine is bad, but it is standard GI. It works, and I figure I will keep it as-is for a little while. At the moment I'm thinking I need a heavier buffer because it's overgassed and has some punch. Slowing it down a bit will definitely help with recoil control and keeping shots on target. It's not bad by any means, but can be improved, and it's cheap and easy so why not right? I could go with an adjustable gas block, and I may later. Decisions...
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:37 am

Nice Arex , I have been looking at the steel frame Sig style for sometime since it has ambi features . I like the improvements made to the Delta . I have thought of buying the Gen 2 in the smaller version for the truck consol .
Thanks! I considered the M version, but I like having more meat for my hands to grab on to. Thought I might like the X model, but threw caution to the wind and went with the L. It's only slightly longer than my Stoeger, and the height is basically the same, so it should carry similarly. It is lighter, so that will be nice, and thinner as well. We'll see. My holster is on the way, so I'll know soon. May modify it as well and cut the end off the holster to shorten it a little, and maybe some other shaping.

I thought being into knives was bad... :zany
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

The Deacon wrote:

92X right.JPG

Was about to say, when did Home Depot start carrying firearms? :thinking I didn't see that section last time I went...don't tell my wife! :rofl
remnar

Post by remnar »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:32 am
:hot-face
The Deacon wrote:

92X right.JPG

No 2x4s ? Nice catch Deacon !
The 2x4s probably would have cost more and they don't work nearly as well for self-defense. :winking-tongue
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage
soc_monki wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:40 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:20 pm
Glad you like it man!
Very nice! Been considering doing a trigger on my AR, not that mine is bad, but it is standard GI. It works, and I figure I will keep it as-is for a little while. At the moment I'm thinking I need a heavier buffer because it's overgassed and has some punch. Slowing it down a bit will definitely help with recoil control and keeping shots on target. It's not bad by any means, but can be improved, and it's cheap and easy so why not right? I could go with an adjustable gas block, and I may later. Decisions...
I would recommend a La Rue two stage straight trigger . Great quality, reasonably priced . Check out their site for more info and variations. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am
Nice catch, Paul

Yes, I do. Can't beat a good 1911 for paper punching. Right now I've got a Sig Emperor Scorpion .45, a GSG .22, and some 1911 parts from back in the day. Problem is, I keep comparing every 1911 that I handle nowadays to my old 1967 vintage Gold Cup even though I know it's me that's the weak link. Not to mention the differences between what passed for factory target loads today and the target loads back then. Today's ammo would be better called "training loads". Might have been great for hardball matches, but not so much for the ones I use to compete in.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:18 am
Crossfire II was only about $220. Least expensive Vortex I know of.
The 50mm bell made me have to switch from low to medium height rings.
I like to mount scopes as low as possible.
A friend just sent me a Crossfire II 6-18X. He's actually sent me two now. I don't remember that the objectives are 50mm. Guess I'll have to look when I get home. I have one mounted a 10-22 with Kidd UL barrel and I don't remember having to use high rings.

I have a Diamondback HP 4-16X that I bought on closeout that's supposed to have better glass than the regular Diamondbacks. I could be wrong but I thought the regular D-backs used the same glass as the Crossfire IIs. I also have a Viper 6-20X that I Midway had on sale for a crazy low price that'll probably go on my 22-250 at some point.

The club where I shoot PRS 22 matches had a practice day Saturday. I finally got my ballistics dialed to hit 8" targets pretty reliably at 300, 330, & 350 yards. Shooting that far really teaches you how to follow through because you have to wait to see the target move and the sound to get back to you. Anyway, after I was done a couple guys let me shoot their rigs. Their scopes alone cost way more than my whole rig. The one guy had a Vortex Razor that blew me away when I looked through it. The other guy had a Vudoo V22 with a Tract Toric 4.5-30X that was impressive too. Both made Athlon Helos BTR 6-24X that I'm currently using look like the junk it is. I also have a Arken SH4 6-24 Gen 2 that I haven't mounted on anything yet (because it's huge). It supposed to perform way above it's price but I'm sure it's nothing like these much higher priced scopes

https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-6-24 ... p227953426
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Vortex Crossfire II 6-18 is probably the 44mm objective lens.
The scope ring height will also be determined by the shape of the rifle receiver and barrel
and by how much or how little eye relief you need.
My 50mm scope worked with low mount rings on a Ruger American Compact,
but when I moved it to a Ruger American Predator with a one inch longer length of pull
I had to set the scope back an inch and change the scope rings to medium height.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:18 pm
Vortex Crossfire II 6-18 is probably the 44mm objective lens.
The scope ring height will also be determined by the shape of the rifle receiver and barrel
and by how much or how little eye relief you need.
My 50mm scope worked with low mount rings on a Ruger American Compact,
but when I moved it to a Ruger American Predator with a one inch longer length of pull
I had to set the scope back an inch and change the scope rings to medium height.
👍 Yes sir! Having worked in our family's very busy gun shop and range for many years I've mounted more scopes that most folks. I've done a whole bunch for myself too of course
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:12 pm
ImageImageI would recommend a La Rue two stage straight trigger . Great quality, reasonably priced . Check out their site for more info and variations. MG2
Ill keep it in mind. Going to spend a bit more time with the stock trigger until I'm sure I want to upgrade. I'm just glad I have a rifle again...when it goes boom it puts a smile on my face :grin-big eyes
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

soc_monki wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:27 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:12 pm
ImageImageI would recommend a La Rue two stage straight trigger . Great quality, reasonably priced . Check out their site for more info and variations. MG2
Ill keep it in mind. Going to spend a bit more time with the stock trigger until I'm sure I want to upgrade. I'm just glad I have a rifle again...when it goes boom it puts a smile on my face :grin-big eyes
Good for you ! I enjoy shooting / hunting myself . I must confess I am a trigger snob . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:13 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am
Nice catch, Paul

Yes, I do. Can't beat a good 1911 for paper punching. Right now I've got a Sig Emperor Scorpion .45, a GSG .22, and some 1911 parts from back in the day. Problem is, I keep comparing every 1911 that I handle nowadays to my old 1967 vintage Gold Cup even though I know it's me that's the weak link. Not to mention the differences between what passed for factory target loads today and the target loads back then. Today's ammo would be better called "training loads". Might have been great for hardball matches, but not so much for the ones I use to compete in.
'67 Vintage Gold Cup......if you ever decide to part with that ole gal.....😎
That would be awesome to have man...
Well, I'm broke again, Paul.
But, I think you'll appreciate this one. I was finally able to score a 1968 S Prefix Model 27- 2 w/ a 3.5" barrel.
And, she's just what I wanted Paul. I really wasn't looking for a NIB or Never Fired. I couldn't bring myself to shoot one. Instead, I was looking for a really, really, gently used one. And, I think I found it.
What's interesting is that these S Prefix models are supposed to be a little better polished than the N Prefix 27-2 guns. Actually, they are. Guys that have new versions of each say so. And, the shop that I got it from has outstanding feedback and many say he is the best on the business of those older Smiths - mainly for his ability to rate their condition. He said this one.was a conservative 97%. That's good enough for me.
Here's a pic. I hope to have it by next Wednesday.