Found a "new, unused" Delica for 10€....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jim Malone

Found a "new, unused" Delica for 10€....

Post by Jim Malone »

I just bought a according to the add new and unused Spyderco Delica in G-2 for 10€! (11,29 USD). Saw an add for what looked like me as a first gen G2 Delica. Everthing looked OK and i checked my "The Spyderco Story: The New Shape Of Sharp" and everything there looks ok. I guess it's from 1992-1994 due to the G2 markings on it. I'll take better pictures of it when i receive it.
Asking price was 5€ and i was the first bidder so i couldn't just give 5€ so i bid for 10€. 5 minutes later she send me an email with "ok it's yours". When i asked her if i could send it to me she said it would cost me 2,38€ more. So now i have a full serated Gen 1 Delica for my brother, a Gen 1 Endura for 12,38€ or 14USD! I'm pleased i have a pair now. I carried my Gen1 Endura in police academy and on the streets for a few years, untill u carried the police model and Military later.
Glad i found a brother. I don't have it in my hand yet and i hope it's new( ish ) but who would not jump on such an occasion. This knife was rare and had to he imported from the US at the time so the owner new what he was buying at the time ( just like me). Glad that i didn't get it for 5€. That might have felled like steeling. Now we are waiting for the postman in a few days.
JRinFL

Re: Found a "new, unused" Delica for 10€....

Post by JRinFL »

That’s a spectacular deal, congratulations!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Zive

Post by Zive »

Congratulations. Should make a great user or collector’s piece. I still have mine (my first Spyderco) in serrated configuration.

You got a great deal there. Use it well (and be careful with that clip!)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Wow! What a deal! Congratulations.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nice catch ! Show a picture when you have time . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Matus

Post by Matus »

You have mastered eBay 😋
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Just received the knife. It's not really "new and unused". It is a genuine G-2 combination edge. Apparantly the first user used the PE part way more then the SE part. Handle is still in very nice condition. Pocket clip looks almost new. I resharpened the blade and knife is back to factory sharpness. Lockup is tight. No bladeplay.

Even though not "new and unused" still a good find for 12€ with shipping! Matches my first generation Endura i carried as a duty knife nicely.
Attachments
IMG-20220115-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220115-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220115-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220115-WA0002.jpg
FK

Post by FK »

Congratulations nice find. I have two from the same era, purchased new and only carried for short periods, one is CE and one SE with black blade. The early Delica is still very functional and a classic. Mine were used with a kydex neck sheath for easy access when fly fishing in rivers. Very handy with waders and limited access to pockets.
When I visited our local fly shop,,, the owner spotted my neck sheath and SE Delica,,, he immediately ordered one for each of his river guides to use on trips with customers. Concern was falling in and getting tangled with fly lines or rope from the guide boats.

Regards,
FK
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

Awesome! , that’s one of my favorite edc knives, had mine since the 1990’s and have sent it to
Spyderco twice for a sharpening, fabulous find
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

All these years and it looks fantastic. Great deal!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Nice deal ! In France I don't find much vintage spydercos that belong to someone other than an aficionado ^^
Vintage SAKs are easy to find at great prices though !

This Delica looks like it has been used for like a few months, even though it's certainly as old as me :squinting-tongue
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds