crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by RamZar »

Revival wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:57 am
RamZar wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:49 am

I tracked this seller on eBay. When Mrj posted the price was MAP with free shipping and seller sold 4 of them. Now, the price has been jacked up to $199. That’s still the low end of the pricing on eBay now with other prices in the $207.50 to $449.00 range!
That seller also has 11 available which is pretty interesting.

Yes. Thanks. Forgot to mention that. Also, seller does not accept returns (shades of BBS).
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Ye Ole Cutlery & Gift Shop (not on the dealer locator list?)... https://mdggifts.com/SPYDERCO-PARA-MILI ... _3999.html
•• Beau
Zive

Post by Zive »

Confirming: KnifeCenter has them in stock and is shipping for those who got pre-orders in early enough.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Matus

Post by Matus »

I guess I will be getting one after all …

https://youtu.be/9xeyiYSbtYc
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

Zive wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:06 am
Confirming: KnifeCenter has them in stock and is shipping for those who got pre-orders in early enough.
Sonofa... looks like I was an hour or two late back in January. Guess I better snag one somewhere else before they dry up, shoot up in price, and wait another 8 months for a second production run. Hard not to pull the trigger right now without waiting for a reply from KC. Not thrilled
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I don't know if the price is right?... For the Canadians... Cutting Edge Cutlery... https://cuttingedgecutleryco.com/collec ... n-c81mpcw2
•• Beau
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:46 pm
I don't know if the price is right?... For the Canadians... Cutting Edge Cutlery... https://cuttingedgecutleryco.com/collec ... n-c81mpcw2
Yeah both Canadian retailers I follow have jacked the price way up unfortunately. Makes me glad I snagged one from GoingGear instead..
Matus

Post by Matus »

I just got the information from one German shop that they expect these by the end of December ... I can't say I am thrilled, but I guess it has something to do with production capacity in Golden and apparently (and not surprisingly) US shops get the first batches.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

I'm not buying this one, since I could just buy micarta scales for my existing CruWear PM2 if I really wanted it that bad. But my, it looks nice. And that color combination will take on just the right amount of discoloration over time spent in a pocket. In a few years it will look even better.

Sal: please consider making micarta an alternate scale material for at least some of your G10 knives in perpetuity. It's got way too much character to be restricted to these incredibly rare sprints. I have to believe it would sell.

And having a Magna Carta series of knives? The marketing materials practically write themselves.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Zive wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:06 am
Well showing

Currently Unavailable
This item is currently unavailable from the manufacturer/distributor and they are unable to give us an estimate as to when it will be ready to ship. We are not taking backorders for this item.

Now

Got in on pre-order super quick when they released but looks like I’m in for another years wait… :eye-roll
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Indiana Knives... They bumped the price up though... https://indianaknives.com/collections/s ... 7780111457

The note... **Please note, pricing is temporarily a little higher. I was able to get 2 additional units from a distributor but had to pay over dealer cost to get them. Margins are fairly thin on these so I must pass the extra cost along. Prices will go back to normal after these 2 units sell. Thanks! -Eric
•• Beau
Crox

Post by Crox »

dj moonbat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:51 am
I'm not buying this one, since I could just buy micarta scales for my existing CruWear PM2 if I really wanted it that bad. But my, it looks nice. And that color combination will take on just the right amount of discoloration over time spent in a pocket. In a few years it will look even better.

Sal: please consider making micarta an alternate scale material for at least some of your G10 knives in perpetuity. It's got way too much character to be restricted to these incredibly rare sprints. I have to believe it would sell.

And having a Magna Carta series of knives? The marketing materials practically write themselves.
Hi. Just to clarify, this one IS regular production, not a sprint run. They’re just going fast because it’s new.

So it could be good news that other models will get this treatment in perpetuity some day.
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

A big thank you to SMKW. :cheap-sunglasses

VipeX

Post by VipeX »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:51 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:46 pm
Yeah both Canadian retailers I follow have jacked the price way up unfortunately. Makes me glad I snagged one from GoingGear instead..
Just saw that W&W brought the price down to 229$ CAD which is roughly $181 US. Not so bad now...
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

VipeX wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:43 am
Just saw that W&W brought the price down to 229$ CAD which is roughly $181 US. Not so bad now...
What the?! That’s bizarre. I’m just glad I’ve got one headed this way.
Danke

Post by Danke »

I would totally order from W&W/Blades Canada. Hope they get some soon and they don't sell out before I get the instock email.

In the past I have done many $=$ comparisons with them and USA stores and they've always been always been five or ten bucks more and less hassle to get delivered. It's a shame they've never done a special edition but I would guess the risk/reward is too out of balance.
VipeX

Post by VipeX »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 pm
VipeX wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:43 am
What the?! That’s bizarre. I’m just glad I’ve got one headed this way.
I sincerely hope it gets to you without problems!