World Series 2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

World Series 2021

Post by Doc Dan »

Anybody watching the World Series?

Atlanta is one game away from winning the whole enchilada.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Re: World Series 2021

Post by Naperville »

My family watched some of it. Glad that Atlanta is winning to put some money into the pockets of the people messed with through the removal of the All Star Game.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The Braves are the only team to win a WS in each of the cities they were based in: Boston 1914, Milwaukee 1957, Atlanta 1995. They have played in 10 WS and won 3 of those and I hope it will be 4.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

We're gonna wrap up it tonight in the ATL!!
GO BRAVES!!
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

I guess I am pro Atlanta, not a Houston fan. Definitely enjoyed the playoffs when my team was still in. Baseball world series is not popular here, had to ask to have the game put on at the bar? Guessing it's because there are no west coast teams left?
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Snacktime wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:23 am
I guess I am pro Atlanta, not a Houston fan. Definitely enjoyed the playoffs when my team was still in. Baseball world series is not popular here, had to ask to have the game put on at the bar? Guessing it's because there are no west coast teams left?
Is your team the Dodgers?
& that's a shame you had to ask for the game to be turned on. Imo, there is absolutely no better sport than baseball- at its highest level. The playoffs & World Series.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I've never ever saw the Braves Bull Pen this good. They're absolutely magnificent!!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Lots of excitement in Georgia this fall.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

No joke. When you have Big Poppi, A-Rod & Frank Thomas- guys that played in Boston, New York & Chicago; all in awe of the crowd and the surrounding battery, you know that's some major heat!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Really wish we had just went all in tonight and started Max Fried....
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:28 am
Is your team the Dodgers?
& that's a shame you had to ask for the game to be turned on. Imo, there is absolutely no better sport than baseball- at its highest level. The playoffs & World Series.
Yes and my family is all Giants fans. For some reason they all stopped watching... I catch maybe 5-6 games through the season but definitely watch most of the playoffs through the world series. Actually first time in years I didn't make it to a game (baring last season issues). I do go to other ballparks, mostly As games as it use to be $15 to sneak behind home plate!
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 pm
Really wish we had just went all in tonight and started Max Fried....
Need to rest him up, people forget how stressful it is when it's all on the line. Could go a full 7 games!
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Go (enter sports team name here)! Just kidding, Go Braves! Tomahawk chop!
Josh
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Arrgghh! The Braves did their usual thing and blew a critical four run lead and lost the stinking game! Well, on to game 6 at Houston.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
benben

Post by benben »

Chop Chop Baby!!! Really wished they would have wrapped it up Sunday night in front of their home crowd! After Duvall hit that grand slam in the first my wife said she was going upstairs, that the game was going to be boring now.....

I told her to hold on, this game was far from over! The Astro's know how to manufacture runs scary quick, from the long ball to hitting single after single and small balling you to death! Very scrappy ball club!

And Mac is right, baseball is the 2nd greatest sport period, right behind girls fastpitch! ;)

This is my time of the year, I'm an absolute zombie at work for a solid month, I LOVE the postseason!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Why is one of the Braves outfielders wearing a pearl necklace? Anyone else see that?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
shb64

Post by shb64 »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Why is one of the Braves outfielders wearing a pearl necklace? Anyone else see that?
That's Joc Petersen, he's quite the character. But he's our character. Go Braves.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Lol, it's Joctober!! 🙃 lol, or it was.....
Yeah, Joc Pederson started wearing the Pearl's at the beginning of the playoffs and it's all the rage in Atlanta!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Well whatever they wear, I hope they win
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My God, who would've even thought the Braves would have made the playoffs this year, much less win the World Series!?!?!
When I went to see Atlanta play Tampa it was right after lost Acuna Jr. and, we had just got Joc Pederson from the Cubs. We had a loosing record at that point past the halfway mark (mid July) but, that night Joc Pederson debuted for the Braves and hit a home run.
I knew we did really good by trading for Joc.
But, it NEVER crossed my mind that the Braves would even make the playoffs at that point.
Gotta give the GM huge props for attaining Pederson, Rosario, Soler & Duvall.
But, I'm most happy for Brian Snitker, the skipper.
45 years with the Braves starting out at the bottom as a roving instructor, being both promoted and demoted thru the years. Finally being named the skipper after 40 years with the Braves. He's a true baseball man thru and thru.....of course, all the real credit for Snitker belongs to Hank Aaron.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Atlanta Braves 2021 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS