Crazy ordeal buying a spyderco from a YouTube celebrity

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
S-3 ranch

Crazy ordeal buying a spyderco from a YouTube celebrity

Post by S-3 ranch »

I don’t know if I can post anything about this , but maybe someone else had a problem
We purchased a XHP chappral from slicey Dicey’s YouTube , then got ghosted, no response to emails, ect , erased pleas In comments section, then he posted up a massive apology to all his
Viewers, knife companies who sent him knives for testing and review , I hope no one else has had this problem :respect

Please remove if it’s inappropriate
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
Woodpuppy

Re: Crazy ordeal buying a spyderco from a YouTube celebrity

Post by Woodpuppy »

“YouTube celebrity” 😬
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:57 pm
“YouTube celebrity” 😬
Epic Cringe!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I never liked him anyway (Slicey Dicey I mean) but Super Steel Steve's videos about the ordeal were pretty epic. He was launching Molotov Cocktails...

Dicey seems like a pretty garbage human after all of this...hopefully he moves on to something else. He got caught up thinking he actually was some kind of "celebrity".

Sorry that you were personally affected by the situation. Let us know how it plays out.
So it goes.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:01 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
“YouTube celebrity” 😬
Epic Cringe!
:vomit

For me YouTube and "celebrity" shouldn't be in the same sentence
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:51 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:01 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
“YouTube celebrity” 😬
Epic Cringe!
:vomit

For me YouTube and "celebrity" shouldn't be in the same sentence
Lol :winking-tongue :winking-tongue :winking-tongue when YouTube is paying you money and knife manufacturers give him stuff to review, the egos will grow :spiral-eyes
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Guess his name now is just Dicey.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm happy to be out of the loop on this one.

In the future, if making p2p transactions, use PayPal G&S rather than F&F, Venmo, or the Cash app.

In the event of fraud, they'll cover it.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Did you ever get the knife? I feel like there’s lots to this situation that hasn’t been said.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ahhh yes, another time when I have no idea what this is about because I do such a good job distancing myself from this sort of thing. I came real close to trying to make something of myself on the ol' boobtube but thankfully came to my senses. I made most of my videos private and only upload stuff that I can't easily word out in pics here on the forum.

Anyway I hope you get it sorted out.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Yeah slicey dicey seems like a fraud. I watched a bunch of his vids while in pandemic, and he was accepting generous gifts from people while he supposedly had "covid". I felt this was a very shady and he should have returned the knives. If a vendor wants to send you stuff I get it, but people feeling sorry for this clown were sending him Hinderers and Crk left and right...... Dude prolly never had covid and if he did it was a minor cold....
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I knew nothing about this until last night. Looks pretty shady.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
kobold

Post by kobold »

An apology is up.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have seen a couple of his videos but I don’t follow any youtubers or influencers too closely. I also don’t have too much time for knife community drama. The fact that we consume massive amounts of marketing and call it “content” is strange to me.

I can’t be the only one who sees the irony of his name being dicey. It literally means risky and unpredictable.

This thread isn’t really gonna follow the shiny footprints rule. We should tread lightly.

I hope you can square things up with him. Everybody makes mistakes. If he owns up to it and makes things right then great. I believe in forgiveness.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Woodpuppy wrote:
“YouTube celebrity” 😬
Yeah, that's someone that doesn't have a real job to go to so they spend their time making videos for YouTube. Their only claim to "celebrity" is that their videos are watched by others with no jobs to go to.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Sad.
I hope we don’t get “Diced” again. Super Steel Steve made some great points that we are a kind and generous community that got taken for a ride and we need to expose fraud as a community and not let good people get caught up in this stuff. I guess he is saying he should have been exposed a while back but people just did not want to get involved. I don’t know all the facts but too many people got “Diced” before this came out to the community.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

What a dead beat loser.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

RustyIron wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:35 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
“YouTube celebrity” 😬
Yeah, that's someone that doesn't have a real job to go to so they spend their time making videos for YouTube. Their only claim to "celebrity" is that their videos are watched by others with no jobs to go to.
Except he is the editor of Knife Illustrated magazine...so he has a job outside of the Youtube gig, as do many "youtube celebrities".

I don't see why people are so up in arms about people making a living making content on Youtube anyway. Yes, some of it is pretty stupid, but there is also a lot of good channels out there making very good educational, informative, and entertaining content. A lot of hard work is put into some of the videos. Writing, recording, editing...just like any other media. Youtube creators just don't have to be attached to a studio, publisher, etc. It's basically self publishing. If they can get compensated fairly for it I see nothing wrong with it.

I watch youtube quite a bit, and find a lot to like. A lot to not like as well. I also have a career.

Now as for Slicey Dicey...he's rubbed me the wrong way quite a few times on his videos. I watched because I was interested in certain knives and I watch a lot of videos to get a feel for if I would like the knife in question. Sad that someone can't hold to their commitments and takes advantage of the generosity of others. Oh well though...that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The editor of a magazine was doing this bad stuff? Wow... 2 jobs and you still are greedy for other people's money/knives...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Makes you wonder how many people he's stolen from that haven't spoken up! :vomit
He is a registered user on these forums. Only had a few posts a few years ago though.
I hope he grows a conscience and makes things right with you S-3.
•• Beau