Let's talk pocket wear...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

Re: Let's talk pocket wear...

Post by JRinFL »

Since I ditched clipping knives to my pockets, I have no wear! Old age + cargo shorts FTW.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
KnotTheory

Post by KnotTheory »

I have the problem of I can't have visible pocket clips. I got a leather knife slip off of Etsy that fits a PM2 and most similar size knives just fine. I just use that. I add a short lanyard when I need it.
⟨ x , y ∣ x 2 = y 3
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Chuck James wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:29 pm

I find the pocket clips that come on the spiderco knives completely useless and swap them for Lynch or MXG Deep pocket clips. Maybe this helps keep the wear down...maybe not.
Of course purely a matter of personal preferences, but "Spyderco clips completely useless"? Could you explain? (Honest interest and question, since for me the regular Spyderco spoon clip works perfectly well. So does the wire clip, only thing I don't like (generally): Deep carry)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)