My K390 Love Affair/Sal Request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: My K390 Love Affair/Sal Request

Post by sal »

Hi DFD04,

Thanx for the comments on the K390 steel. I'll keep your request on mind and I'm sure some of our Exclusve customers have also seen your request.

sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

FK wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:18 am
I would purchase two Military models in K390 immediately.

Wonderful steel in the FRN Seki-City models, I also have two PM2 in K390.

Regards,
FK
I'd love to see this happen.
:unicorn
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

sal wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:39 am
Hi DFD04,

Thanx for the comments on the K390 steel. I'll keep your request on mind and I'm sure some of our Exclusve customers have also seen your request.

sal
Thank you most kindly for your consideration! You’ve truly knocked it out of the park with the presentation of K390.

Stay Safe!

Derrick
DansGearAddiction

Post by DansGearAddiction »

I'd really love to see a Native in K390. Seems like an ideal platform for a working steel.
Current Collection
Chaparral (LW, Stepped, Stealth, Sun & Moon), Dragonfly 2 (VG-10), McBee, Stretch 2 (K390), UKPK Salt (LC200N)
sal

Post by sal »

Talkin' Story;

K390 was "my baby" from the beginning. While I'm not a metallurgist, I do have some understanding of blade steels and the chemistry of K390 caught my attention. First I made a Mule Team, which was well received. (two years on the making). Then it took another year plus to get our Japanese partner to learn to work with it, (not easy) and then we moved to make the entire Endura family in the steel. It is not stainless, which even I have managed to get some pitting ( my bad) but it has some high performance edge strength that is surprising. We are pleased to be able to offer this steel to the knife afi's that enjoy it.

And yes, I'd like to see a Shaman in this steel, even with an FRN scale (to keep the cost down).

sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I like the idea of a Military in K390 quite a lot. However, what about a new model with a large blade and uber strong lock?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Can´t wait to learn how this steel behaves in SE...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)