Knifejoy Exclusive...Slysz Bowie??!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eRoc

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive...Slysz Bowie??!!

Post by eRoc »

Wait did they do another run on the blue ano spydiechef? I thought it was a limited 600 piece run and thought I missed it.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Dang I just blew my knife budget for the time being last week.
😭

Such is life. Curse you FOMO. Or in this case, MO :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Not sure if I'm in at $400. But they'll still sell them all no doubt.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

captnvegtble wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 pm
I don't understand why everybody is assuming this is the Slysz Bowie... I don't think you can tell that from the picture. I think the Slysz Bowie is peoples' wishful thinking without much evidence to that fact. Sorry to rain on people's parade.
It is for certain a Slysz Bowie. ;)
- Nick :bug-red
KJKeyserSoze

Post by KJKeyserSoze »

Oh well. Tried my international cards to test knifejoy no go. Guess I can’t have it.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

eRoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm
Wait did they do another run on the blue ano spydiechef? I thought it was a limited 600 piece run and thought I missed it.
Yes they dropped more blue Spydiechefs still in stk... https://knifejoy.com/spyderco-c211tipbl ... exclusive/
•• Beau
Tiquito

Post by Tiquito »

I hope they had the good sense to do an extremely large run. At any kind of reasonable price even a large run will sell out quickly.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 pm
eRoc wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm
Yes they dropped more blue Spydiechefs still in stk... https://knifejoy.com/spyderco-c211tipbl ... exclusive/
Nice! I'll take one of those and an ano Bowie for my bug out bag picks.... since the wife is surely going to make me live in the forest once she finds out.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Will the CRK fans bite?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Wow, this one will definitely break the Internet, you think PM2 drops are bad...hahaha.
Josh
JMM

Post by JMM »

p_atrick wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:25 pm
If true, that's not how I expected this knife to make its return. I wonder how Knife Joy managed this.
IDK how either, but I suspect it could be similar to how KnifeCenter.com got the retired G10 Police4 brought back to life to make their Pakkawood/Hap40 Police4 exclusive. That's just a WAG though...
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

KJKeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:32 pm
Oh well. Tried my international cards to test knifejoy no go. Guess I can’t have it.

Nope. And its an intentional decision by the owner to prevent "fraud". But, why do other small businesses like Cutleryshoppe, St. Nick's, REC, etc allow international cards otherwise? Spyderco has a worldwide fan base of collectors. You can even order directly from SFO and have it shipped internationally. Heck, even the online factory seconds sale, despite all the challenges, allowed us to buy in.

It seems counter to Spyderco to have one of their dealers intentionally prevent international collectors from gaining access to their exclusives by having such restrictive policies, when other knife dealers do not have such restrictions, even when they do not ship internationally. Especially on a long-awaited-for-its-return, prayed, begged-for knife like the Slysz Bowie. :(
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

JMM wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:49 pm
p_atrick wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:25 pm
If true, that's not how I expected this knife to make its return. I wonder how Knife Joy managed this.
IDK how either, but I suspect it could be similar to how KnifeCenter.com got the retired G10 Police4 brought back to life to make their Pakkawood/Hap40 Police4 exclusive. That's just a WAG though...

Maybe they committed to multiple runs, like they have done with the Blue Chef but on a much larger scale, since they will be able to sell a very large number, presumably, if they are the only dealer getting Slysz Bowie's.

That's a hope anyway. It doesn't make any sense for Spyderco or Knife Joy to bring back the design for a one off run of 1200 pieces, I think that we will see this model around for awhile...although I imagine it will be like $369.

Those are just my random thoughts though...I have no info.
So it goes.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Way back when retail was $500 and MAP was 40% off, it was $300. Here it is several years later with inflation, a newer steel and a MAP of only 30% off. We would be sooooooo lucky if it were $369. :confused:
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Any CRK fans in the off topic section who dont go for this, might have a problem

"just saying"

or

"that said"
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

skeeg11 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:12 am
Way back when retail was $500 and MAP was 40% off, it was $300. Here it is several years later with inflation, a newer steel and a MAP of only 30% off. We would be sooooooo lucky if it were $369. :confused:
Hahaha! Yeah you're right...I don't really even want to try and imagine what it will be, I'll just let it surprise me.
So it goes.
kobold

Post by kobold »

KJKeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:32 pm

Yet, that Ukrainian guy on ebay will have dozens for sale.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:31 pm
Wow, this one will definitely break the Internet, you think PM2 drops are bad...hahaha.
I'm going to sit right here and wait for all the complaints :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

This is one of those knives that I really want to like. But, it was like the handle was made for a lady. My hand just doesn't fit into the grip area, without being scrunched.

Maybe, if I can find a deal on the secondary, I'll modify one and see how it fares.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

So, the Slysz Bowie is finally back, but it's a sprint run ? That international buyers can't even order (what year is it ? 2004 ?) ? And it's blue ?

You're telling me that a smallish company managed to convince Spyderco to make an exclusive Slysz Bowie for them and all they could think about was making it blue ?

Keep winning I guess. I imagine Knifenjoy and scalpers will be really happy to bank on one of the most popular folder from recent memory.

I really hope it's just about testing the waters for the Slysz proper comeback... and not another baffling choice from a knife company because I'm out of words. Even then, it's a rare thing to see a company being so afraid of one of their magnum opus, almost to an hilarious degree.