Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cscottsss

Re: Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Post by Cscottsss »

Yeah, I'm down to all pitch in and get Buddafucco a little gift of gratitude for all he's done in this thread! He's the real hero.
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Haha. That’s what I get for using the restroom. Please keep updating.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm
Haha. That’s what I get for using the restroom. Please keep updating.
Yes please, keep the updates coming I haven't bought one yet.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Should be at least two big drops coming (KCI and DLT). I suspect restocks as well.
applejuice54

Post by applejuice54 »

Has bladehq gone yet?
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:17 pm
Should be at least two big drops coming (KCI and DLT). I suspect restocks as well.
And BHQ
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

DLT has no page for ZWear Shaman...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

VA.koi guy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 pm

I think they do that to try to stifle bots. I'd guess DLT and BHQ will get 100+ each.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

VA.koi guy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 pm
... yet!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Who else hasn't dropped any?

REC?
Cutlery Shoppe?
DLT?
BHQ?
KnifeCenter (probably oversold their allotment already through preorders per usual?)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

I don’t try think KCI allows preorders on Sprints any more due to prior oversells. I thought BladeHQ had a very small initial sale and is waiting for a restock. REC and Cutlery Shoppe are still in the waiting game I think.
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

Hydrolic wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:41 am
How can someone stop buying knife? We need to create something like Alcoholics Anonymous to help our knife addiction.
Blades Anonymous is for quitters
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:32 pm
Who else hasn't dropped any?

REC?
Cutlery Shoppe?
DLT?
BHQ?
KnifeCenter (probably oversold their allotment already through preorders per usual?)
NationalKnives
KnifeJoy
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:49 pm
I thought there was going to be lots of these. I don’t have the energy to try and get one of these again. They sold out on less than a second last time and COVID has really turned up the bot buying.
I feel you dude, I was losing hope also as the past few days I was manually refreshing different retailer tabs...

I only scored today because of this thread and happened to refresh at the right time. The bots are frustrating, but
scoring is possible. I say this because usually when I try really hard (talking 5, 6 tabs of hitting f5, copy and pasting credit card info) it can happen. Is it a pain in the ***... oh yeah, does it feel awesome when you actually score F YEAH IT DOES because you beat the odds. If I can score the BHQ tanto, Spyderco Online Second sale, and a Strider SMF on drop you guys can do it too! Don't give up, keep them clicky fingers clicking!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

There still may be some eBay dealers who are Spyderco authorized dealers and sell them at MAP ($224 USD) pricing. I got my Cru-carta Shaman from one of these dealers back when those were dropping.

Top Quality Knives was the seller who I bought my Cru-carta from at MAP (then $208 USD). Looks like they haven't dropped yet. They had something like 10-12 when they had the Cru-carta. Seems like this is a double batch so maybe they will get 20-24 this time?

https://www.ebay.com/str/topqualitykniv ... bkw=shaman

I think eCopUSA is another eBay dealer that *may* end up with some. I have bought from them before.

http://www.ebaystores.com/eCop-Police-S ... =spyderco&

Good luck out there!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm wondering how many people will go through all this for the Shaman, and then realize that model isn't for them!? They can obviously easily get their money back on the secondary market, but the massive hype makes me wonder. It's a large, stout, heavy knife (which I LOVE, having 3 different models myself) But this thought has been running through my mind the past few days.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:59 pm
I'm wondering how many people will go through all this for the Shaman, and then realize that model isn't for them!? They can obviously easily get their money back on the secondary market, but the massive hype makes me wonder. It's a large, stout, heavy knife (which I LOVE, having 3 different models myself) But this thought has been running through my mind the past few days.

I think that happened a lot with the Cru-Carta Shaman because there hadn't been many other versions so not many people had tried it at that point. Hopefully most people here have at least tried or own one of the many previous version such as the base model, Cru-carta, Rex45, BHQ M4, St Nick's, etc.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Hard to say but how do you really know if you'll like any model until you actually have one in hand? I didn't think I'd like the Shaman until I got the SNK 4V. The Cru-carta one was a no brainer after that. I'm pretty sure I'd sell all my PM2s before I'd let the Shaman go

Keep trying guys! I think there's plenty more to come but I've been wrong a few times before. I could've bought one earlier but, I already have the Cruwear one, so I decided to hold off and give someone else a chance. I hope everyone who wants one gets one
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SGWTM

Post by SGWTM »

Lord have mercy I love you guys, but please keep this thread for real time info on drops. I am getting alerts to rush here every time you post.

Peace and Respect,
Steve
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:11 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Hard to say but how do you really know if you'll like any model until you actually have one in hand? I didn't think I'd like the Shaman until I got the SNK 4V. The Cru-carta one was a no brainer after that. I'm pretty sure I'd sell all my PM2s before I'd let the Shaman go

Keep trying guys! I think there's plenty more to come but I've been wrong a few times before. I could've bought one earlier but, I already have the Cruwear one, so I decided to hold off and give someone else a chance. I hope everyone who wants one gets one
We also must keep in mind that the reason why the "Crucarta" was so popular is because people thought the
standard s30v and g10 was too "plain". They all waited on a "upgraded" Shaman, one of which that kept getting talked about was the Micarta Cruwear combination. I don't even think the carbon fiber s90v was as popular, or the subsequent dlc cruwear g10 version.