Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iridiumplain

Re: Z-Wear Shaman: availability discussion & lookout thread

Post by iridiumplain »

Good luck. Hopefully it will work out for you. :)
eonbluemantra

Post by eonbluemantra »

Do you think there will be any update from spyderco as to when we might see this released?
archangel

Post by archangel »

"Any minute now....."
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Is this shipping by next week?
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Thomasomoore says the shipping process started yesterday. He hasn't disappointed yet. :)
•• Beau
archangel

Post by archangel »

I believe it only when I see it... :eek:

Sorry for the sarcasm. I'd be super happy if it'd be true! I even got the wifey's ok to go for it, grab this beauty! :rolleyes:
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:41 am

Sorry for the sarcasm. I'd be super happy if it'd be true! I even got the wifey's ok to go for it, grab this beauty! :rolleyes:

Did you have a preorder for this?
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
archangel

Post by archangel »

Nope. Fell in love with this one late, when all the shops that had accepted preorders initially had already closed their lanes. Which is why I'm so afraid to miss out. Although Sal said that there'd be a higher quantity, more than the regular 1200pcs...
Michael
blues

Post by blues »

Can confirm, via my favorite Spyderco dealer, that the model should be coming in the next week or two. He mentioned that the run should be about double the norm...or about 3,000 total pieces or so (from what he understands).

Not going to put him on the spot by quoting him verbatim.
- Retired from the chase -
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

This may have already been asked, but will this knife be available for MSRP on the Spyderco website? How does the timing usually work out for that, does it show up on the website before it gets to dealers- or around the same time?
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:41 am

It'll be worth the long wait. I only have two Shamans. The Cruwear/Micarta and the SNK exclusive. I like them both but I prefer how the micarta scales feel compared to the smooth G10. I carry the Cruwear Shaman a lot more than the SNK

I was thinking about picking up one of these simply because I like that it's a unique steel. Yes, I know it's basically Cruwear but that's not what it'll say on the blade. We'll see how I feel when the time comes
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

MFlovejp wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:56 am
This may have already been asked, but will this knife be available for MSRP on the Spyderco website? How does the timing usually work out for that, does it show up on the website before it gets to dealers- or around the same time?

Yes to MSRP on spyderco.com. There might be a discount there when you order?Usually it shows up there first but that's not always how it happens. Lately a lot of regular production knives have been showing up at dealers before spyderco.com.
•• Beau
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:52 am
MFlovejp wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:56 am

Yes to MSRP on spyderco.com. There might be a discount there when you order?Usually it shows up there first but that's not always how it happens. Lately a lot of regular production knives have been showing up at dealers before spyderco.com.
Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out. There are other releases I'm looking forward too more, but the hype is real haha.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:51 am
Nope. Fell in love with this one late, when all the shops that had accepted preorders initially had already closed their lanes. Which is why I'm so afraid to miss out. Although Sal said that there'd be a higher quantity, more than the regular 1200pcs...

Me too, wanted to preorder but the last shop that was taking them suddenly closed the preorders for this...probably because they did not want customers to wait that long for a knife with no set release date.

It kinda makes me anxious because as an overseas fan living in an opposite time zone, I miss 100% of the surprise unannounced drops because they happen usually during the wee hours of the morning past midnight here.
archangel

Post by archangel »

nerdlock wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:39 pm
archangel wrote:

Me too, wanted to preorder but the last shop that was taking them suddenly closed the preorders for this...probably because they did not want customers to wait that long for a knife with no set release date.

It kinda makes me anxious because as an overseas fan living in an opposite time zone, I miss 100% of the surprise unannounced drops because they happen usually during the wee hours of the morning past midnight here.

Stop sleeping then! You gotta pay the iron price... ;)
Michael
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:45 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:39 pm
archangel wrote:

Stop sleeping then! You gotta pay the iron price... ;)

Haha! Paid the iron price several times already, latest were the DLT Manix and BHQ M4 Tanto drops :D

It's just that unannounced drops are much more harder since you can't go sleepless for several nights trying to wait for one drop. Wish they had a different drop date for overseas customers.
eonbluemantra

Post by eonbluemantra »

This is my first spyderco sprint. How do these usually become available? Is there advanced notice of date and time of sale? Are they released all at once or trickle out over weeks/months?
RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

Well, the first rule about sprints is never talk about the release date. The second rule is see rule #1.

I say this with a bit of humor of course. There is no official advance notice. You can get notifications when it will ship to a dealer. That might give you a heads up on when it will drop at spyderco. Which could be a week later, or a day later, or apparently before the ship to dealer notification is released. You need to check often but you do get weekends off. I think once 9PM West Coast time on Friday hits, we can breathe easy until Monday morning. The cycle repeats!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

eonbluemantra wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:08 am
This is my first spyderco sprint. How do these usually become available? Is there advanced notice of date and time of sale? Are they released all at once or trickle out over weeks/months?
The Spyderco app will usually send you a notification when they're shipping to dealers. After that keep an eye on this thread and your favorite dealers. Shouldn't be too hard to get one if you're paying attention
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

I’m looking forward to this one. I did manage to get the Micarta CPM Cruwear model, but haven’t used it yet due to having other, thinner blades which I prefer for EDC. I’d like to make one my user for heavy tasks, and I’d probably send one off to be reground far thinner at the edge. The ergonomics on the handle and the fit and finish on the Micarta/Cruwear model are top notch, and I’d expect no less from the Zwear model.